Angkor Cambodian Hair

Gang Member Sobs at Sentencing, We Shrug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Bootiful Cream

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gang Member Sobs at Sentencing, We Shrug
    Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:25pm

Watch: ‘I Can’t Spend my Life in Prison,’ Gang Member Sobs at Sentencing

Brandon Spencer, 21, was sentenced to 40 years in prison for spraying bullets into a crowd in pursuit of a rival gang member.

Posted:

A 21-year-old man, convicted of attempted murder for firing shots at a rival gang member at a University of Southern California campus party, sobbed and pleaded for leniency during his sentencing Friday, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Edmund W. Clarke Jr. sentenced Brandon Spencer to 40 years to life in prison, following his February conviction on four counts of attempted murder, the Times writes. The shooting, which occurred at a Halloween party in 2012, was the first on the campus in decades, the report says.

In a dramatic courtroom scene, sheriff’s deputies tried to calm Spencer as he banged his head on the defense table as he pleaded for leniency. About 50 supporters and family members sat behind him as asked Judge Clarke for a second chance, the report says.

"I'm sorry for what happened but I can't spend the rest of my life in prison," Spencer said through tears, the Times reports. "I'm not just some gang-banger that they portrayed me as."

Spencer had no criminal record, was working as a security guard and had planned to attend college, his attorney, John Blanchard, said, according to the Times. Further, during his trial, Blanchard said there was no credible evidence that Spencer was the gunman.

But law enforcement authorities argue that after arriving at a crowded Halloween party and spotting Geno Hall, 22, a rival gang member, Spencer left and returned with a gun. Upon his return, Spencer reportedly shot Hall and continued firing as Hall ran and the crowd dispersed, the Times says. Hall, who had reportedly shot and wounded Spencer a year earlier, was among the four people injured, the report says.

Spencer, then 19, tried to run after the shooting, but was arrested in a campus parking lot, the report says. Prosecutors said during trial that Spencer deserved a stiff punishment for shooting into a crowd of people in an effort to settle a score with a rival gang member, the Times says.

During sentencing, Judge Clarke denounced gang violence, but rebuffed a request from prosecutors that Spencer be sentenced to consecutive 40-year prison terms for each of the four counts of attempted murder, which adds up to a life sentence, the Times reports. He ruled that the sentences would run concurrently, meaning Spencer could eventually be eligible for parole, the report says.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2014/04/brandon_spencer_sentenced_to_40_years_to_life_in_usc_party_shooting.html
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:32pm
Thats a long time for a murder.....but he's black so.....not surprised....
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:37pm
woo wooo woooooo

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:41pm
Shooting in a crowd of people then crying once you get punished..priceless

Now, the article present some doubts- was he identified as the gunmen?
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:54pm
i was willing, but then i stopped here:
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Brandon Spencer, 21, was sentenced to 40 years in prison for spraying bullets into a crowd in pursuit of a rival gang member.
yeah, no. 

think before you act and have a nice trip. *shrug*
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

Shooting in a crowd of people then crying once you get punished..priceless

Now, the article present some doubts- was he identified as the gunmen?

in the video he said im sorry for what happened... i made a mistake.  at no point did he say it wasnt me.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:00pm
He did deserve every single year they gave him....

But in situations like this why is there no one here blaming the unfair system for the decision he made in his life?

hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:22pm
Lmfaoooo I guess they didn't go over jail time during his gang orientation
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:33pm
He deserves to go to jail if he did the crime. But did he do it? What kind of softie gangbanger is this? His reaction makes me wonder. What did he expect would happen?

Not sure about life in prison, though since this was attempted murder and not murder. 20 years would have made more sense.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 20 2014 at 2:34pm
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:37pm
^^^^ 4 attempted murders...maybe 10yrs for each count served consecutively?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic