BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Game of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 115>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

This battle could have been condensed to 20 mins tops.
Although, the ending was a good cliff hanger I will admit.

Exactly all the running up and down stairs, flipping, whispering and ish they could have cut down...I was happy when dude got a hammer to the head though
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 11:59am
There's no way they could have edited down the battle to 20 mins. This was a huge battle in the books and is pretty important. Would have been a big backlash if it was presented as a secondary issue.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

did jon die?

Did you watch the episode?
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:07pm
did jon die?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

boooooooooooooooo  don't nobody give a eff about that fight at the wall...they could have skimmed over this dry azz battle...imo...

I'm saying! 

Coulda cut that down to 15 minutes, cutting back and forth between what we really came for

That wasn't worth an hour, what about the consort, uhmm Tyrion's fate, Sansa/Arya where do we go from here 

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:08pm
20 mins/out of 50 isn't a secondary issue. Thats still a lot of time.
I got bored in the middle of the battle.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jun 09 2014 at 12:12pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:11pm
I guess I can see such a threat to the wall being important

But that's not what I came for
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

20 mins isn't a secondary issue to me. Thats still a lot of time out of the 50 mins.
I got bored in the middle of the battle.

20 mins isn't enough time to present the wildlings side, the crows side, the battle itself, and the deaths of the characters that had the quiet moments. The problem with the episode (and I do think it's the weakest of the episode 9 episodes of the series) is that they didn't do enough to build up characters like Ygritte, and the brothers at the wall so that people care what happens to them like they cared about the characters in Blackwater. Battles in this series usually fade to black but this is one battle Martin depicted as epic, in the sense of a LOTR type of battle and it needed to be presented as such in the show...

You don't build up this battle for 3 seasons and then rush it.

My big complaint is that the conclusion of the battle wasn't in this episode. The season finale is 66 minutes long but I'm still concerned that there might be too many big moments.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jun 09 2014 at 12:16pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:19pm
If they wanted to keep it so long then they should have given glimpses of what we came for :(

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 12:23pm
Still too long.
Things are going to get cut out, thats just the nature of book --->show adaptations. I could have lived without that event taking up that much time. Especially considering how little I/ and many 'show only' followers care about it.
Edit: or should I say, how much we care about other things in comparison.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jun 09 2014 at 12:24pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 979899100101 115>