Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Game of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 115>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:24am
Ewwww right next to their dead son's body??

I want to see not Khaleesi and not dragons! And why did they change Daario? Like no one would notice. Lol I was confused the first couple of episodes like what happened to the blond badass with the smirk?
Sponsored Links

whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:31am
More Khaleesi and more dragons**

Smh
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:56am
this was a filler ep. nothing happened important! and even though the Fabio looking guys was kinda weird at first the new actor is just boring he does not stand out and seems to have no purpose- plus looks like every other boring member on the show- hes is soon to die! IMO
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:50am
dope ending
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:41am
Old Dario had a punchable and annoying face. He looked so corny and out of place I could never take his scenes seriously. I'm glad he was recast, even if the new guy is bland and doesn't stand out.

Totally disagree that "nothing important" happened. This episode had a ton of character arc building.

• Tywin took control of Tomen, right from under Cersei.(Great acting, awesome scene).
  • Tyrion had perhaps his final interaction with Pod, which might be foreshadowing for a final sacrifice or betrayal. (Great acting, awesome scene).
  • Arya gets yet another lesson in brutality which almost guarantees she will be ruthless by season's end.
  • Jamie rapes Cersei, which is going to permanently damage their relationship, and send them in two different directions.
  • Dany is starting to realize Dario is the only man around her that isn't old or castrated, literally showing her that he has the biggest dick in her camp. 
  • The Nights Watch are being forced by the Wildlings to leave Castle Black, even though all wisdom points to them being unprepared to meet them in battle in the field.
  • Sansa learns that she was used as a pawn (and kidnapped, though she prolly hasn't figured that out yet) by the mastermind of King's Landing, Littlefinger.
  • Tywin offers the Red Viper a deal he apparently can't refuse, to bring Dorne back into the fold. It's the first time Tywin really is transperent about the threats everyone else at Kings Landing seems to downplay, Dany, Stannis, Wildlings. (Great acting, awesome scene). 

They covered a lot this episode. Might not be as grandiose as certain episodes but it's good storytelling. It's also important that they lay foundation and build up to the actioney/explosive moments that are coming later in the season. They just killed Joffrey in the last episode. Not every episode needs or should have "something happen" like that. Quiet episodes like this properly advance the story and characters.

I was disappointed that Jaimie raped Cersei. They wanted it to come off as Cersei not wanting to do it right there, but instead it came of as she didn't want to do it with him period. The director said it became "consensual by the end" but um...it didn't. Completely botched that scene and maybe derailed Jamie's redemption arc to most viewers.

I'm bored of Sam and the girl he is trying to protect (forget her name) and though the Lord of Light /Stanis stuff is less compelling to me than the Kings Landing stuff, at least it is starting to become more political in it's own right. 

I think it was a solid 8.5 or B- episode.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 21 2014 at 8:02am
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:51am
Oh yeah. I can't stand the oh so liberal white savior path that Dany is on. I was sort of with her in Season 1, but at this point I want her to be knocked down a few pegs. This "do what I say or Dragons" sh*t is annoying the fucc out of me.

At the beginning of her crusade to end slavery she didn't have an army, but now she has an obedient army that she didn't train or pay for. Sure she supposedly "freed" them, but she also burned their cities/destroyed what they knew as home and basically told them to either wander the wilderness/go to another slave city or follow her as a solider. She gets her desperately needed army and gets to feel self-righteous about having one so trained and obedient to her. That's the very definition of having her cake and eating it too.

She isn't the perfect queen that she thinks she is. I'm anxious to see her lose control of her dragons and her "kingdom" so that she realizes her sh*t stanks too. She'll be a more endearing character by then, hopefully.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 21 2014 at 7:54am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:58am
what Random said.  I just watched it.  I don't feel this was filler.  It may feel that way because there was no non-stop sword play/action.

Sam and that girl is working my nerve.  Honestly i'da been scared to be the only woman in that camp with only Sam to protect me.

Poor Sansa...when is she gone get her damn game face.  She's been too long at The Red Keep to keep taking things at face value.  To keep trusting people.

I felt so bad when Hound beat that man and took his silver.  I knew he was going to tho.  U don't tell people u don't know u have money.

Tywin knows of the wildlings and the sh*t going on at the wall.  It's funny how for everybody else it's still stories and superstitions.  they gone learn tho.

The scene with Tyrion and Pod made my heart full and eyes sting.

Tywin gone run that young prince.  Ain't sh*t Cersei can do.  Cersei might love her children but her son was not above killing her.  She had to know that.  She had no control over Joffrey and would have been lucky to be shipped out to the Dowager House and forgotten by her son.

That Tyrell girl...she better really get her game face on if she gone seduce that young boy to secure the crown.  Cersei gone try to kill her.  I need to harry up with my books.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:58am
Agreed @ rts posts

Edited by afrokock - Apr 21 2014 at 8:01am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Oh yeah. I can't stand the oh so liberal white savior path that Dany is on. I was sort of with her in Season 1, but at this point I want her to be knocked down a few pegs. This "do what I say or Dragons" sh*t is annoying the fucc out of me.

At the beginning of her crusade to end slavery she didn't have an army, but now she has an obedient army that she didn't train or pay for. Sure she supposedly "freed" them, but she also burned their cities/destroyed what they knew as home and basically told them to either wander the wilderness/go to another slave city or follow her as a solider. She gets her desperately needed army and gets to feel self-righteous about having one so trained and obedient to her. That's the very definition of having her cake and eating it too.

She isn't the perfect queen that she thinks she is. I'm anxious to see her lose control of her dragons and her "kingdom" so that she realizes her sh*t stanks too. She'll be a more endearing character by then, hopefully.

I asked in Season 2 if anybody saw that spell.  Remember at the end where it was an above shot and it was her pale self in the middle of a sea of coloured people and they were lifting her on their shoulders n'sh*t...chanting her name?  Folks never got back to me on that one.LOL 

She is getting c0cky.  She was getting c0cky when she almost got her dragons took.  She needs to rein it in.  Things are going to easy for her.  She is forgetting her humbleness.
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Old Dario had a punchable and annoying face. He looked so corny and out of place I could never take his scenes seriously. I'm glad he was recast, even if the new guy is bland and doesn't stand out.

Totally disagree that "nothing important" happened. This episode had a ton of character arc building.

• Tywin took control of Tomen, right from under Cersei.(Great acting, awesome scene).
  • Tyrion had perhaps his final interaction with Pod, which might be foreshadowing for a final sacrifice or betrayal. (Great acting, awesome scene).
  • Arya gets yet another lesson in brutality which almost guarantees she will be ruthless by season's end.
  • Jamie rapes Cersei, which is going to permanently damage their relationship, and send them in two different directions.
  • Dany is starting to realize Dario is the only man around her that isn't old or castrated, literally showing her that he has the biggest dick in her camp. 
  • The Nights Watch are being forced by the Wildlings to leave Castle Black, even though all wisdom points to them being unprepared to meet them in battle in the field.
  • Sansa learns that she was used as a pawn (and kidnapped, though she prolly hasn't figured that out yet) by the mastermind of King's Landing, Littlefinger.
  • Tywin offers the Red Viper a deal he apparently can't refuse, to bring Dorne back into the fold. It's the first time Tywin really is transperent about the threats everyone else at Kings Landing seems to downplay, Dany, Stannis, Wildlings. (Great acting, awesome scene). 

They covered a lot this episode. Might not be as grandiose as certain episodes but it's good storytelling. It's also important that they lay foundation and build up to the actioney/explosive moments that are coming later in the season. They just killed Joffrey in the last episode. Not every episode needs or should have "something happen" like that. Quiet episodes like this properly advance the story and characters.

I was disappointed that Jaimie raped Cersei. They wanted it to come off as Cersei not wanting to do it right there, but instead it came of as she didn't want to do it with him period. The director said it became "consensual by the end" but um...it didn't. Completely botched that scene and maybe derailed Jamie's redemption arc to most viewers.

I'm bored of Sam and the girl he is trying to protect (forget her name) and though the Lord of Light /Stanis stuff is less compelling to me than the Kings Landing stuff, at least it is starting to become more political in it's own right. 

I think it was a solid 8.5 or B- episode.

I totally agree
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair