BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gaining Socioeconomic Power and Solidarity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 4.64  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:15pm
We have to go outside and help each other. Commit to mentor atleast one child.

Back in the day the day when I went to church, we had a directory of all black businesses/ church members.
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:21pm
http://www.blackgirlscode.com/

You guys can vote for them please and they will win 50,000. You can also donate money or volunteer. Programming and Computer Science skills is a pretty good way to get a well paying job. IDK maybe because STEM field is important to me, but this is one good way to support our kids get into more high paying fields when they grow..
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

You guys can vote for them please and they will win 50,000. You can also donate money or volunteer. Programming and Computer Science skills is a pretty good way to get a well paying job. IDK maybe because STEM field is important to me, but this is one good way to support our kids get into more high paying fields when they grow..

BGC has my vote! Vote, everybody! Code.org is catching up to BGC!
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 7:36pm
I really want to push for African American History and Latin American History to be required courses in elementary and high schools. Each would be age appropriate and taught by someone with a degree in African American Studies or similar.

And I mean actual required core courses. A whole semester or even year dedicated to each. Why on earth did I learn "American" history 50-11 times? And then they tried to throw a "world history" in there too but it should have been named "A timeline of how white people f"ed up the world and why we should be proud of that".
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

idk about shea moisture. they are black owned and they make, manufacture, pkgs and ships their product. that's amazing.

i got the list from LSA.

brown, i try to do that too. i wish there was a way to tell, like asking the receptionist if the doctor was black.

my mom used to do that b/c she didn't want an indian/s. asian doctor. she had no shame LOL

try to ask around and see.

You happen to have contact information for shea moisture? A girl tryna work for a black owned company when she graduates. Wink

Best believe imma be tryna contact the other companies listed too.

Please contact us with any questions at support@sheamoisture.com or (631) 842-8800, M-F 9-5 ET.

^^from google.

send them your resume!!!
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

I really want to push for African American History and Latin American History to be required courses in elementary and high schools. Each would be age appropriate and taught by someone with a degree in African American Studies or similar.

And I mean actual required core courses. A whole semester or even year dedicated to each. Why on earth did I learn "American" history 50-11 times? And then they tried to throw a "world history" in there too but it should have been named "A timeline of how white people f"ed up the world and why we should be proud of that".

i agree.

im tired of "black history" being just regulated to february.

i feel like so much is crammed in and there's no depth in there. and we learn about the same people, in the same way. there's more to MLK/Malcolm x/Rosa that we can learn. for example, rosa was a boss and was a huge supporter of women and spoke out against the rape of black women.

or the fact that 1/3 of all cowboys were black. or that a black man, matthew henson, discovered the magnetic north pole with the Inuit people and learned their language. unfortunately, the white dude got all the credit.

there are so many more stories, and those are just the older ones. lets teach the contemporary ones as well!
DWeird View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DWeird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 10:42pm
I really want to adopt Black babies. There's a disproportionate amount of Black kids in the system and the ones that age out often lead lives of crime. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Hopefully these ladies get more support this time around.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

Midna, I think these should all be separate threads....one for businesses, one for finances, and etc. Having it all in one may be a bit confusing..just an idea

And I went to high school with her. I've purchased couple of her products and they are pretty good.  She has a FB page as well if you would like to see how the products look on customers

http://glitznglamcosmetics.com/

I was actually considering that, I was just afraid we'd have a bunch of empty threads or posters wouldn't entertain it. But you know what, I'm going to do it anyway.

Do it Midna...

@ browneyez....If I can luv and support Lime Crime I can do the same for black owned.  Thanks for this.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

done.  I want a T-shirt but I have no idea what that stuff means.Ouch  I was actually going to learn from code.org but hadn't started yet.  *sighs* 1 more thing I need to get on.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic