Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Gabrielle Union wants to be a older mom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:37am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by danni7 danni7 wrote:

Mengggg the man put the fear of God into everyone with this idea it's bad for babies over 35 idea.
My friend in her 20s is pregnant and having problem they make it seem only older moms have. Halle Berry had Nahla in her 40s and her 'old' diabetic behind seemed to have a wayyy better pregnancy than Kim K who is in her early 30s

IA. Mostly an irresponsible use of statistics. like if the chance of a health problem in a woman in her twenties is one in a hundred and the chance of a health problem from a woman in her 40's is 10 in a hundred. It's easier to report that it's 10 times worse for a woman in her 40's not even considering that you still have a 90 percent chance of having a perfectly healthy pregnancy. I think the risks should be understood. But you can't be if your life based on tiny statistics. Nothing is risk free.

I think the theory is that the older a woman gets, the more she's exposed to environmental determinants that will affect egg quality.  Since we are born with the total amount of egg cells we'll have in our lifetime, the longer those egg cells are exposed to environmental factors, egg quality decrease.  But like most people have said, in a black family there has always been someone who've had children past those traditional ages.

Sponsored Links

**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

My granny had my mom at 42. 
We good. 
They'll be aight. 

How many children did she have prior to your mom?
My grandmother had my mother at 40 but she had 11 children before her and 1 more at 42.
I always thought that if a woman had a good fecundity, her age wouldn't affect her egg quality.
My g-ma was 16 when she had her first child and 42 when she had her last child (1934-1960).  All of which survived to adulthood.

3, my mom is the last.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:41am
My mom had her second child over 40.  second child is about to be 18.  everyone is healthy and fine.  Honestly, Halle Berry comes off as a little old to be carrying a child(she turns 47 in August) but 42-43 seems normal to me.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Missvw Missvw wrote:

It varies from woman to woman.

and thats really all there is to it.

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 3:59am
Stop playing, that woman is not 41....

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 5:53am
do what beyonce did and get a surrogate
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 7:16am

mom at me at 41

I'm fine
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 8:07am
sigh...let see what most of you in your 40's will have to say if you dont have children i am sure you will change your tune.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 8:12am
I personally don't want to have kids after 40. However, sometimes we don't have a choice if we not in a relationship that will lead to marriage and kids.
Everyone is different and she can take the precaution with regards to them testing for abnormalities.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

sigh...let see what most of you in your 40's will have to say if you dont have children i am sure you will change your tune.

I'm pretty consistent........
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic