Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Gabrielle Union wants to be a older mom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 11:42pm
I wouldn't personally have a child after 35-40. Very high risk and I just don't want to after a certain point. Need to be able to live the vida loca by the time I am 50. Selfish, but so what?

However, Gabby doesn't have a choice at this point like Sandra said. Mine as well if her ovaries are just kickin'
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

I remember way back she always said she NEVER wanted kids so I wonder why the change of heart.

Taking care of dwade's kids and dealing with all their issues without the maternal bond is prolly a little taxing...
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

I remember way back she always said she NEVER wanted kids so I wonder why the change of heart.

Maybe she found a man she is willing to have kids for. Shoot Dwayne Wade would have me reconsider that choice too.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:16am
My granny had my mom at 42. 
We good. 
They'll be aight. 
danni7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote danni7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:34am
Mengggg the man put the fear of God into everyone with this idea it's bad for babies over 35 idea.
My friend in her 20s is pregnant and having problem they make it seem only older moms have. Halle Berry had Nahla in her 40s and her 'old' diabetic behind seemed to have a wayyy better pregnancy than Kim K who is in her early 30s
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by danni7 danni7 wrote:

Mengggg the man put the fear of God into everyone with this idea it's bad for babies over 35 idea.
My friend in her 20s is pregnant and having problem they make it seem only older moms have. Halle Berry had Nahla in her 40s and her 'old' diabetic behind seemed to have a wayyy better pregnancy than Kim K who is in her early 30s

IA. Mostly an irresponsible use of statistics. like if the chance of a health problem in a woman in her twenties is one in a hundred and the chance of a health problem from a woman in her 40's is 10 in a hundred. It's easier to report that it's 10 times worse for a woman in her 40's not even considering that you still have a 90 percent chance of having a perfectly healthy pregnancy. I think the risks should be understood. But you can't be if your life based on tiny statistics. Nothing is risk free.

Edited by melikey - Jul 05 2013 at 12:43am
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 1:34am
Originally posted by danni7 danni7 wrote:

^this, not to say that the risk doesn't increase but it certainly is not an automatic. I know several people with children with developmental disabilities including Down Syndrome and Autism and not one of them was older than 30
when they gave birth.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:23am
It is pretty common around my neck of the woods to have a child after 40. Most women go college, have a career, might a man, buy a house together then a child in that order. They only have one child and those kids turn majority of the time ok.

I wouldn't want to do because I would like to travel even more when I am 40+
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:23am
It varies from woman to woman.

Edited by Missvw - Jul 05 2013 at 2:23am
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 2:27am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

My granny had my mom at 42. 
We good. 
They'll be aight. 

How many children did she have prior to your mom?
My grandmother had my mother at 40 but she had 11 children before her and 1 more at 42.
I always thought that if a woman had a good fecundity, her age wouldn't affect her egg quality.
My g-ma was 16 when she had her first child and 42 when she had her last child (1934-1960).  All of which survived to adulthood.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic