Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word 'Tranny'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word 'Tranny'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I have NEVER heard "tranny" used in anything but an offensive, negative, and derogatory way….I used my context clues and figured out that it wasn't a nice word…
My stomach turned reading black folk say "its offensive? I'm still gonna use it!"
Hypocrisy at it's finest. Oppression is so widespread, it pisses me off when people of color can't connect the damn dots and cease to participate in it. You wanna use the term to demean people? Cool, I just don't wanna see you EVER complaining about people using derogatory terms towards blacks.
How can people be so dense? 
ClapClap
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:44am
tranny is a slur? where?

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:01am
Add me to the never knew clique.

Good thing that never comes up in conversation.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:53am
I didn't know for a loooooong time either

Co-sign leftywefty too!

Edited by ms_wonderland - Feb 04 2014 at 10:54am
Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

Originally posted by Over_all Over_all wrote:

I didn't know that was a slur hmmm you learn something new every day.. When I as younger I use to live with my uncle who was gay and had transgender friends.. they called people tranny and had no problem with being called that but now that I know...

It seems like using it amongst each other would be different, since they wouldn't have any kind of malice behind it ya know? 
yea but it just what I was taught that it just meant tranny = short version of transgender and this was from some transgender fellows
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:42pm
Ok..
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

This thread makes my insides weep. I wish a white bish would demand someone to explain to her why she shouldn't call me blacky/mammie/niccer/oreo/tar baby/etc...

I wish a negro would demand that I explain why he shouldn't call me b*tch/hoe/slut/whore/thot/etc.

I wish a able-minded person would demand why they shouldn't call me retarded/slow/crazy/etc.

I really can not with the intolerance in this thread.

Who are you hurting by removing offensive language from your vocabulary?

Who are you hurting if you don't?

The answers should be obvious.

like it
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 12:59pm
Why would people automatically know tranny is a slur? Trannies ain't THAT common everywhere damn. I have no problem not using the term tranny. I also have no problem not seeing any trannies. 
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

This thread makes my insides weep. I wish a white bish would demand someone to explain to her why she shouldn't call me blacky/mammie/niccer/oreo/tar baby/etc...

I wish a negro would demand that I explain why he shouldn't call me b*tch/hoe/slut/whore/thot/etc.

I wish a able-minded person would demand why they shouldn't call me retarded/slow/crazy/etc.

I really can not with the intolerance in this thread.

Who are you hurting by removing offensive language from your vocabulary?

Who are you hurting if you don't?

The answers should be obvious.

like it

thank you cause I was about to call y'all all types of dense obtuse mothers.
entitled assss feeling owed an explanation as to why a group feels oppressed by a word and why they dare deny them their god given right to degrade them.
the nerve of those trans folk.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 4:21pm
Why yall caping for these caricatures of women?
They offend me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair