Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word 'Tranny'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word 'Tranny'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

Tranny

Dead
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:44pm
i would think that as the standard of offensiveness trickles down the pipes, black people would be on the list of the last people to find out this word is offensive. 
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Drag Queens aren't trans....they're like....actors.

I agree with the above quote. If the person was born male and just dresses the part with their "original genitals" they are cross dressers or transvestites, where if a person has gone through genital reassignment,  they are transsexual. I had no idea tranny was a slur...I honestly just thought it was an abbreviation of the term like homo(even though mostly used in a negative  context), hetero and tranny...now I know...dont want to get cut by any of the Chicago queens.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:32am
usually i'd indulge and try to be informative, but bhm and comments/posts (this go round) stating intended usage anyway after being made aware of the word's offensive nature are the reason why i don't bother with gender/sexuality here anymore.  no one should have to convince or talk people into respecting and treating others the way they would like to be treated

for those wondering why it's offensive, i'd simply reply, "look it up".  after that, realize people differ and keep the individual in mind. address them the way they would personally prefer. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 12:57am
theres a difference between 'addressing' a person… and simply using a word… 

if someone doesnt like the N word, I'm not gonna be like "hi niccca" but that doesnt mean ill never use the word 

I'm sure many could look up why they shouldn't use the N word.. 9 times out of 10 they won't stop using it. 
however if they were to get a sincere explanation from someone they 'know'… ya never know.. perhaps it could compel them to see it the way they see it. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

theres a difference between 'addressing' a person… and simply using a word… 

if someone doesnt like the N word, I'm not gonna be like "hi niccca" but that doesnt mean ill never use the word 

I'm sure many could look up why they shouldn't use the N word.. 9 times out of 10 they won't stop using it. 
however if they were to get a sincere explanation from someone they 'know'… ya never know.. perhaps it could compel them to see it the way they see it. 

does that reasoning even apply in this case?

youre comparing black people calling each other the n word to straight people calling trans people trannies?

or are you saying anyone can call you the n-word as long as they dont do it to your face?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 1:22am
I'm talking about using words period.. by anyone. and saying that theres a difference between using it.. and addressing a person how they want to be addressed. 

many people (black and white) won't use the word to address you.. or even in front of you.. but they still use the word. 
i nor anyone else can control what ppl say behind their backs 
but ppl are compelled/convinced for different reasons as to why they should never ever speak the word. 

same for tranny.. 

same for retard.. 

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:06am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I never need to use the word transsexual often on conversation. I don't call lesbians "gay" or "lesbian" or "bisexual" in normal conversation.

People should aim to not identify people by race or sexuality. It is rarely needed.

Ive been compared to an old white man because of my views and I agree with the bolded.  I had a co-worker who was somewhere between cross dressing and actually transgendered.  Not only was this particular word not used, but I was successful in avoiding the use of gender specific pronouns entirely.  We had other THANGS going on out there at that job so the topic of that persons sexuality and gender never came up.  No need to risk hurting peoples' feelings and putting them on the spot for a word that is not an integral part of the language.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:11am
This should be relatively simple to understand.  I didn't know that transgender people don't like the word and indeed thought it is what they refer to themselves as.  Given that a yt bish better not fix her lips in general conversation to say "everywhere I looked they were harassing ni..gers" no further explanation is needed. 
Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:37am
I didn't know that was a slur hmmm you learn something new every day.. When I as younger I use to live with my uncle who was gay and had transgender friends.. they called people tranny and had no problem with being called that but now that I know...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic