Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word Tranny
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Gabourey Sidibe Repeatedly Uses The Word Tranny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

@melikey, what does he prefer to be called? And is he homosexual? How odd is it that I'm writing an extra credit paper about this now? Lol

He's gay, he calls himself by his stage name when he's in drag. He also uses the word queen with friends. there's no way to really differentiate him from a gay man in drag from a transexual on sight though. except his hair and makeup is over the top. so i'm sure he get's called a trans-something / drag queen/ or queen all the time in public on his way to shows.

i am sure a actual transexual wouldn't want to be called a drag queen either. i think they want to fit into the gender norm, and not be conspicuous. 

one day i'm going to slip this topic into one of our conversationsLOL
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by OrriannaRose OrriannaRose wrote:

^^ Gypsy is considered a slur, Roma is what they identify as. "Gyped" comes from the stereotype that "gypsies" steal and cheat.

ok thanks....
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:33pm
I never need to use the word transsexual often on conversation. I don't call lesbians "gay" or "lesbian" or "bisexual" in normal conversation.

People should aim to not identify people by race or sexuality. It is rarely needed.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:41pm
I don't see anything wrong with what she said. I never knew tranny to be offensive.

Now thinking about it, I do recall lurking a long time ago and a poster mentioning that it's offensive and that they prefer to be called trans(something) depending on something, but it still had the word "tran" in it.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

I have NEVER heard "tranny" used in anything but an offensive, negative, and derogatory way….I used my context clues and figured out that it wasn't a nice word…
My stomach turned reading black folk say "its offensive? I'm still gonna use it!"
Hypocrisy at it's finest. Oppression is so widespread, it pisses me off when people of color can't connect the damn dots and cease to participate in it. You wanna use the term to demean people? Cool, I just don't wanna see you EVER complaining about people using derogatory terms towards blacks.
How can people be so dense? 

Actually I said, "Tranny is a slur? I'm still gonna use it"

No exclamation point
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 8:02pm
Drag Queens aren't trans....they're like....actors.
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 10:05pm
Tranny
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:26pm
So many people came in with capes but didn't nan one of you negroes explain why it's offensive. I need a history lesson.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:37pm
meh… 

to me its like, 'retard' 

some people don't like it.. some find it offensive.. just like N word. 

im not using it in a derogatory way.. 
i will continue to use it i think. 

let me read the whole thread and see if someone convinces me or explains why i shouldn't 
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2014 at 11:38pm
Precious may not have known that it was a slur. I didn't know that for a long time. I'm not sure why exactly it's offensive though. I wouldn't doubt it's because that may have been the last word some transsexuals have heard before they were beaten/assaulted/etc. much like the N-word. It seems like it's their N-word.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic