BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gabby Union Demands a Prenup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:15pm
What I don't know is how is debt handled in a prenup. Like if he made foolish investments like some of the more tragic NBA players is she protected?
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

What I don't know is how is debt handled in a prenup. Like if he made foolish investments like some of the more tragic NBA players is she protected?

protected how?  you mean can the debtors come after her personal stuff/assets to get paid?

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Feb 12 2014 at 2:21pm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

protected how?  you mean can the debtors come after her personal stuff/assets to get paid?

Correct. For new investments/ business deals he enters into after they are married.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:32pm

regardless of a pre-nup, i wouldn't think they could.  unless of course she actually co-mingled her stuff with his. 

ppp38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ppp38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 2:42pm
Wade doesn't have many years left in the NBA (he's already  32) and most athletes end up going bankrupt.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by hautsdeseine hautsdeseine wrote:

The prenup only applies to the assets you have before the wedding so if they divorce, they will still splitt what they earned during the wedding time and she will wincause i guess he makes more than she does

Not true. A pre-nup can stipulate how any assets are divided in case of divorce, whether earned prenuptially or postnuptially, as long as the terms are actionable.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:25pm

She's only protected from premarital debt. Debt accumulated during the marriage belongs to both spouses.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

She's only protected from premarital debt. Debt accumulated during the marriage belongs to both spouses.

yes.  but it seems to me there could be a legal way around this as well...

unpaid child support instantly comes to mind.  this would be technically considered debt accumulated during the marriage that would not belong to the spouse ...unless, of course, the spouse comingled their pre and/or post personal assets with that of the dead beats...
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

yes.  but it seems to me there could be a legal way around this as well...

unpaid child support instantly comes to mind.  this would be technically considered debt accumulated during the marriage that would not belong to the spouse ...unless, of course, the spouse comingled their pre and/or post personal assets with that of the dead beats...

and I did wonder if that's why she was adamant about a prenup. lol
but I know there are many reasons for 'em.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2014 at 4:02pm

purp, do you mean arrangement in the pre-nup for gabby's/dwade's unborn child to be?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic