Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gabby & D Wade engaged...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 91>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 3.55  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 4:57pm
All of this controversy is helping gabby

BET’s first original scripted series, drama “Being Mary Jane,” impressed in its premiere Tuesday, ranking as the top-rated first-run cable program of the night — and the TV’s season’s top cable premiere among young adults.

Nielsen estimates that the series starring Gabrielle Union and Lisa Vidal averaged a 1.5 rating/4 share in adults 18-49 and 3.32 million viewers overall in the 10 o’clock hour, topping in the demo the series premiere of ABC’s “Killer Women” in the same time period (0.9 rating/2 share).

It was cable’s No. 1 original series on Tuesday in 18-49 as well as total viewers. And since the start of the 2013-14 television season in September, it’s cable’s No. 1 premiere in the demo.

“Being Mary Jane” was very big on social media Tuesday night as well, with the official hashtag of #beingmaryjane reaching a unique audience of 1.71 million people while generating 12.48 million impressions, according to Nielsen SocialGuide.

“Being Mary Jane” is created and executive produced by Mara Brock Akil (creator of “Girlfriends” and “The Game”), and executive produced and directed by Salim Akil (exec producer of “Sparkle” and director of “Jumping the Broom”).

source

Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:13pm
^^Clap
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:00pm
are you here for Gabby's relationship advice?

The gorgeous Gabrielle Union is giving the do's and don'ts when it comes to relationships.  Before you lose your wiggery from laughing so hard, peep what the divorced turned newly engaged "Being Mary Jane" star told GLAMOUR magazine inside....

photo gabrielle-union-dwayne-wade-w352_zps27a15f3d.jpg

In a new feature for GLAMOUR, Gabby Union is serving up her best relationship advice for what ladies should look for in a man and what she shouldn't be doing to get/keep one.

And the irony wasn't lost on ANYONE.  The GLAMOUR commenters and folks around the net are giving epic shade and side eyes, and Dwyane Wade's newest baby's mama probably was as well.

But we must say, the advice doesn't seem so bad.  Like most "relationship expertise", most of it is common sense.  But at least Gabby's giving us an inside look--with personal examples--of what may or may not work for the single ladies out here.

The advice article, which was likely done up to 3 months ago when we're sure Gabby was aware of Dwyane's "baby on a break that didn't actually happen on a break" situation, was prefaced with the below:

Gabrielle...says she'd give herself an S for "satisfactory." "I'm divorced!" she exclaims. "So I can't exactly give myself an O for 'outstanding.'" But she has gathered a whole lot of wisdom from her failed marriage, kick-ass girlfriends, and long-time romance with Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade.

Here's her Do's and Don'ts:

DO forget your "type."
"It worked for me. When I met Dwyane, his 'résumé' looked like crap: athlete, going through a divorce, nine years younger than me. None of that screamed, 'Let's have a lasting relationship.' Then, after I had a heart-crushing breaking with yet another immature jerk, I thought, it can't be any worse if I date a fetus. Let's just see what happens. Turned out he'd been on his own since he was 15. He had wisdom that comes with facing an insane amount of adversity. He's sweet, funny, honest about his shortcomings. When I put my preconceived notions to the side, I found someone cool."

DON'T put up with a friend-versus-boyfriend tug-of-war.
"Some friends act possessive and say, 'You're not spending enough time with me.' Huh? Remember when we made our vision boards and the dude was in the middle? You're sup- posed to be happy for me. Thankfully, my girls are like, 'High-five!' And D likes to be around them too. If there's weirdness, either something's wrong with the friends—or the boy. Investigate. And sift accordingly."

DO show him your feelings. Daily.
"Dwyane generally gets up before I do to go to the gym, and he's never left without kissing me and telling me he loves me. As for me, I am complimentary to the point where I am almost a little Chester the Molester-y. I think he's so delicious. Watching him get out of the shower never gets old. Never. It's not like he ever wonders what I'm thinking, but usually he's thinking, She needs a cold shower!"

DON'T write off an ex (or get back together) without really thinking it through.
"When you're debating whether to go backward or forward, you have to look at the original issue. [When Dwyane and I broke up briefly in 2013], it was because of distance and scheduling. I finished filming the show, then I flew to Vegas right away to start shooting Think Like a Man Too. I couldn't take time off, and I missed some quality togetherness we desperately needed. Over the summer, I reassessed priorities. I'd always wanted an awesome career with back-to-back projects, but I realized I wasn't willing to sacrifice my relationship for it. Moving forward, I decided my work schedule has to make sense for our family. Bottom line: If an issue's a deal breaker, it's a deal breaker. If your relationship isn't something you're willing to give up and you can compromise, do so."

photo gabrielle-union-sitting-w724_zpsbc129c8d.jpg

DO let your partner off the hook.

"I play Words With Friends at night, and often I'll fall asleep before I've had a chance to say good night. In the morning Dwyane will say, "If you're falling asleep, say good night. I don't like how it makes me feel when you don't." Then he's like: "But we're not going to make this a 'thing.'" He lets me off the hook, and I do the same: Is it annoying that he refuses to put the cap back on the toothpaste? Yes. But at the end of the day, I just screw it back on myself. It's a give-and-take."

DON'T rush into marriage out of fear of dying alone.

"I got married at 28 because my friends were getting married, starting to have kids—and, in my mind, 26, 27 was old. I thought, I'd better jump on this because soon I'll be 30 and an old maid. And I chose wrong. You can't go by what your friends are doing or your family is influencing you to do. Think about this: Worst-case scenario, do you want to give this fool half of your money? As the person who had to write the check at the end of my marriage, had I thought about that, I'd have put more time into choosing the right person. And, yes, the wait can be scary—that feeling of "Am I always going to be watching TV alone, cooking for one; is my best friend my only real soulmate?" But the right person is worth the wait."

DO indulge your inner freak.

"Sometimes my girlfriends will mention sexting or certain positions as something they'd do only with a guy on spring break. They'll say, "You don't do that with someone you love." And I'll say, "That's who you're supposed to do it with." If I can do this awesome, amazing thing with some dude I met at a bar, why wouldn't I be able to do it with the person I love? If you're into it and he's into it and it's legal enough that the police aren't going be involved—then go for it! Do it. A lot."

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:05pm
sound like chocolate wayne done talked her out of the sphincters
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:05pm
So Gabby likes anal?
Get emmmmmmm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:10pm

anal?

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:12pm
When I read the last paragraph that's the first thing my mind went to.
But when I consider her situation she's probably talking about threesomes
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

bingo

who is asking this woman about relationship advice?

it's like asking Chris Christie and Precious about diets.  yall fail
Senior Detective View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:14pm
I'm so mad at them
Gabby Ciarra & Alicia Keys! All childless women who fell for a no good, cheating, multiple babies having, dirty dick, nigguhs. Then they get knocked up then engaged
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

i thought anal was what you saved for your husband? you wouldn't try that with randomsLOL

reminds me of a convo i had with my husband, i told him i was a virgin when we met, he's like where? in the ass?LOL

he was right tho.. 
as long as the tip don't count..Stern Smile

Edited by melikey - Jan 09 2014 at 9:18pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions