Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ga. Student Suspended for Hugging Teacher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:29pm
In this day and age, when it is constantly reported of teachers seducing/sexing students. She was within her right in order to protect her reputation and job.

What if this kid had said the hug was because they were in a relationship..she'd have charges and no job.

She looked uncomfortable with him hugging her.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I don't think suspending him for the year is right but neither is a student hugging a teacher from behind like that.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 2:04am
Seemed innocent but it was a bit odd since he was behind her. Some people/cultures are more affectionate with other people and not in the romantic sense. The 1yr suspension was def overboard.

Edited by 305bgirl - Dec 18 2013 at 2:07am
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:45am
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

For those saying that teacher should be teaching him what is appropiate or not.. Y'all do realize that the boy is 17 right? At his age, he knows what is inappropiate or not.. So, it really does seem the teacher was within her right to report it.. He hugged her like she was his GF or something..

kind of hard to know what's appropriate if your mom is telling you its' okay to hug everyone, and that "we come from a family of huggers".  The kid wasn't born with a manual that says what's "appropriate" and "what is not appropriate".

The behavior was perpetuated for years, and apparently, no one told or taught the kid otherwise.  Not even the teacher, herself - until she was "caught on camera"..Ouch

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Dec 18 2013 at 9:17am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:49am
I thought y'all were talking about a hug from behind like your SO would hug you.
That ole cata corner hug he gave her?
Man that was harmless
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 9:32am
This is cute.. I had no idea that so many people were aware of this young man's situation.

Yesterday, I was informed by the young hispanic ladies in our imaging department that they were willing to write to the mother and tell her that New Mexico is an "official hugging state".. and that her son would be welcome here.
Smile

it's 75% hispanic here.. he'll get lots of hugs.. (unfortunately, not from the black folks.. They don't acknowlege each other at all.)Ouch

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:28am

IA.

Moral of the story.. keep your hands (and hugs) to yourself.

That hug was inappropiate in my opinion.. Did it deserve a year suspension? NO..  I kind of want to agree with the ones that say she probably didn't have a choice but to report it since it was caught on camera..
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

For those saying that teacher should be teaching him what is appropiate or not.. Y'all do realize that the boy is 17 right? At his age, he knows what is inappropiate or not.. So, it really does seem the teacher was within her right to report it.. He hugged her like she was his GF or something..

kind of hard to know what's appropriate if your mom is telling you its' okay to hug everyone, and that "we come from a family of huggers".  The kid wasn't born with a manual that says what's "appropriate" and "what is not appropriate".

The behavior was perpetuated for years, and apparently, no one told or taught the kid otherwise.  Not even the teacher, herself - until she was "caught on camera"..Ouch

How we don't know that his mom was lying to make her son look good? The hug he gave his mom was appropiate, but the hug he gave that teacher was a hug for a S/O.. The boy is 17 and has probably had some gfs,dates, or been around girls he liked... He knows the difference.. Let's ,also, not forget that this boy is not innocent.. He has been suspended a couple of times.. Also, mentions that teacher has already warned him before not to hug her ( because she probably knew a hug like that is inappropiate).. She might not reported him the first time because she was probably trying to give him a chance and let by gones be by gones .. However, this time, she may have felt disrespected and just went ahead and reported him.. I don't see anything wrong with what the teacher did..Sometimes, a lot of people are not aware of what some teachers put up with in order to try to keep a student on the right path.. Some of those students are just bad as hell and always trying to push limits.. So, I can't really quite put blame on this teacher..

Edited by EasterBell - Dec 18 2013 at 10:52am
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:22am
He knows that he was doing too damn much.
Kids that age are sometimes annoying AF, and try to push buttons.

I'm siding with the teacher on this one...after watching the video I can see how she felt he was out of line.

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 11:30am
How da fck hugs someone from the back?  :S  I would only expect my lover to do that.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>