Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedFull Sew in

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
touting View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full Sew in
    Posted: Nov 03 2006 at 9:43am
Hello,

I was wondering how would I do a full sew in with no hair left out using straight hair.  Do I need to use liquid gold?  Or is there another way?
Sponsored Links

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2006 at 9:46am
Try this thread: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36316&PID=527330#527330

Did you try searching this forum (and the archive).. There are a TON of posts already here which answer your question... I found 8 pages of posts by searching for "full sew-in". Here's the first page of that search results:

Search Results for 'full sew-in' has found 92 results in 24.266 seconds.
This search was processed Today at 7:49am.

Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: I'm Ready for My Second Weave...
Princesskina

Replies: 8
Views: 150

View Post View%20Post
I'm Ready for My Second Weave...
Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 5:45pm
Okay u ladies gave me gr8 advice when I was doing my first one which was the spanish wave it would have been gr8 if someone told me during headaches the weight of the weave might kill ya. I want to do a FULL HEAD SEW-IN leaving nothing out so do I have to match my real hair to a tee?... Also below is a pic of the style im going for but im using someone here in NY to do the weave but from previous exp. can someone tell me can I achieve that look below with a full sew-in with no hair out I want... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: This is all new to me
Sweet Diva

Replies: 6
Views: 104

View Post View%20Post
This is all new to me
Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 1:23pm
I'm looking into getting a full sew-in weave, butI have a few questions about it as I've never had one before. 1) If your hair is not relaxed, is it harder to blend textures? My hair gets pretty silky with a pressing comb, so would I be alright if I buy like a european texture?

I agree with sexymofo hair that is european texture is very silky. But I would suggest that you just go into the hair store and match your pressed hair texture with the extension hair. That way you will... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: This is all new to me
SexyMoFo

View Post View%20Post
This is all new to me
Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 12:48pm
Blending can be done well buy purchasing the appropriate texture hair. Very rarely though does pressedafrican american hair blend well with the silkiness of european texture hair unless it is very fine. For a full sew-in weave I would definitely reccommend HUMAN HAIR. If you are going to spend the money ona full sew-in you should go ahead and go human. Synthetic may tangle and won't havethe natural look of human hair. I have noticed that with synthetic it either looks really, really shiny or... View%20Post
MissCassC

View Post View%20Post
This is all new to me
Posted: 01 Nov 2006 at 12:35pm
I'm looking into getting a full sew-in weave, butI have a few questions about it as I've never had one before. 1) If your hair is not relaxed, is it harder to blend textures? My hair gets pretty silky with a pressing comb, so would I be alright if I buy like a european texture? 2) Secondly, do all of you ladies use human hair? I know my little sister uses a synthetic hair brand but she just glues in like 2 tracks in the back for like a week. I'm just worried that by being... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Hair Weave Stylist in Bay Area
Jheri-Blank

Replies: 3
Views: 70

View Post View%20Post
Hair Weave Stylist in Bay Area
Posted: 27 Oct 2006 at 2:34pm
HI Unbeweaveable,

Can I get the info for your lady in Richmond? How much does she charge for a full sew-in? I have a couple bags of Goddess Remy hair, which I am longing to try out.

I have been looking for a good stylist in the area, and cannot believe how hard it is to find somebody -- I don't wanna go to someone who will wrekck that expensive hair! The last girl I went to did a "so-so" job for $150, IIRC, but since it was only the Wa-Wa synthetic I guess that was OK.. I am considering... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Aveda Products Remy Hair? (natural hair pics)
Soulie

Replies: 17
Views: 352

View Post View%20Post
Aveda Products Remy Hair? (natural hair pics)
Posted: 27 Oct 2006 at 10:57am
I'm the amateur but it looks like you'll have less issues with the blending than I did; I have a relaxer, so it was a lot of work for me (and the reason I didn't keep the Wagman in more than 2-3 days).... so I know that I have to have a full sew-in for it. You look like you'll be luckier... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Hairstyle: leave hair out or not?
Dimple2xs

Replies: 17
Views: 499

View Post View%20Post
Hairstyle: leave hair out or not?
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 10:10pm
I tried a deep curl weave leaving my own out.... I decided it was too much work to try to blend mine.... If I go curly again I will have none of mine out....

that is a gorgeous style!!!! Those were exactly my thoughts when I had my EP Natural Curly hair in. It was way too much work to try and make my hair blend and I wished I had gotten a full sew-in with a bang or something. View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: All is good except for one piece
B_Essence

Replies: 70
Views: 1333

View Post View%20Post
All is good except for one piece
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 8:08pm
I love to do hair when I do it . I no longer choose to do it full-time but when I do I always give 110% as I do with anything I do. I have been doing sew-ins for over 15 years with no complaints. I don't charge alot because it only takes me about an hour and a half to do it and I think a little over $60.00 per hour is great! I don't feel like I am cheating myself at all. I would feel like a cheat if I were try and charge someone $350 or more for a sew-in. B_essence you asked if I just... View%20Post
Forum: Weaves / ExtensionsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: All is good except for one piece
JERZEEGURL

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 6:34pm
I love to do hair when I do it . I no longer choose to do it full-time but when I do I always give 110% as I do with anything I do. I have been doing sew-ins for over 15 years with no complaints. I don't charge alot because it only takes me about an hour and a half to do it and I think a little over $60.00 per hour is great! I don't feel like I am cheating myself at all. I would feel like a cheat if I were try and charge someone $350 or more for a sew-in. B_essence you asked if I just... View%20Post
deewhizz

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 4:48pm
It's only a sew-in huh? you only charge 100 dollars huh?and you do them too huh?It must not be your bread and butter ...i seriously wonder what it looks likeunderneath....and i wonderhow versatile it can be.....IMO aTRUE extension expert would never cheat themselves like that.....it sounds like you are hustling not building a career.... And for the record, no i do not live in a rural area it is right outside Chicagomaybe about 20 minutes... do you go to hair shows just to further... View%20Post
Soulie

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 2:15pm
It's only a sew-in huh? you only charge 100 dollars huh?and you do them too huh?It must not be your bread and butter ...i seriously wonder what it looks likeunderneath....and i wonderhow versatile it can be.....IMO aTRUE extension expert would never cheat themselves like that.....it sounds like you are hustling not building a career.... And for the record, no i do not live in a rural area it is right outside Chicagomaybe about 20 minutes... do you go to hair shows just to further your... View%20Post
relaxedblax

View Post View%20Post
Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 5:07pm
JC PENNY? 160 dollars? i think you get what you pay for? 160 dollars for a FULL sew-in is crack head prices where i am from... Not where I am from. JCPenney is a quality salon and my experience was not all bad. The weave looks nice and I even washed it with no real problems like I thought I would have. I am not a cheapskate and I felt that I did my homework. View%20Post

Edited by DivaVocals - Nov 03 2006 at 9:54am
MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2006 at 9:52am
Originally posted by touting touting wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering how would I do a full sew in with no hair left out using straight hair.  Do I need to use liquid gold?  Or is there another way?

You can use a closure piece or close the weave up using the circle method (depending on the style). There are a few members who have tutorials. I believe dabaddestbaby has a really good one.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply