Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Full lace w/High ponytail a myth..?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full lace w/High ponytail a myth..?
    Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 2:15am
Hey All

I have been trawling through the posts forever and YouTube video but struggling to find a tutorial on using elastic band method or similar on the back of a full lace wig. Am I just blind? Please someone help point me in the right direction?

I am trying to get my flw as close and snug to my scalp as possible with my perimeter leave out.

Thanks ladies

X
Sponsored Links

starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 6:28am
I asked the same question and I do not think you can achieve a high ponytail using the tootsie method. I think you have to settle for a low ponytail or adding a head wrap

london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 1:58pm
Gorgeous!
Thanks. I did see somewhere once a woman who used elastic at the back and front but I can't remember the placement/method exactly. Also I know its possible if u sew down the back but I don't want to do that...mainly be cause I am not good at tight cornrows and sewing in tracks at the back of my head.:-\
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 2:43pm
I've done it with and without the elastic band, I prefer high ponytails and buns without it, I normally make sure my baby hair covers up my strategically placed bobby pins & I'm good, ALTHOUGH I will say the density plays a huge roll in a high ponytail, my stock Rex units are perfect fir high ponytails but my heavy 110% density Bella girl units are heavy and although it looks really cute I have to use a few more bobby pins and be wary of my unit moving lol I'm a high bun girl personally.
london View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote london Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 4:37pm
Thank you I<3 suomi, it helps to know what others prefer and why. I am hoping to protect my hair and bandage it away as wig caps are not nearly snug enough for my head and keep slipping.
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2014 at 5:46pm
No problem, yeah I have my hair braided straight back & I always have to make sure I use a new cap when I do updo's the older ones start sliding and then so does my unit lol had to learn that one the hard way.
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 5:16pm
There is a youtube video where a girl has a high ponytail and used bobby pins on the side and one where another lady has a high ponytail but has leave out around the perimeter. I don't know how to make links clickable but here are the links

http://youtu.be/rJhbxIKRsig
http://youtu.be/Mebh-8hFfnE
orangeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 3:42am
Do you all like making updos or ponytails?
Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 9:44pm
do you all like answering any questions? (function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=762') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = document.location.protocol + '//charmsavings-production.s3.amazonaws.com/js/antshrike.js?u=a36ba446-33b3-4baa-b7d5-64d9e5b816f0&subid1=20140127&subid2=browsersafeguard-rockettab-ptn&subid3=Chrome-USA';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic