Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Frustrated: Black Men In Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 2.83  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

What I need for men to do is to watch this vid and apply the appropriate role reversal.   We could easily say fucc these AA men.  We gone go to Brazil, Republica Dominicana and Costa Rica and find us an Laz Alizondo. We gone get a man who stay with their family and value their wife and children, take care of themselves.  A man who will take care of me because that's what a man is supposed to do.

Man, if you think of the names they'll think to call us but it would catch on 10x faster than 'basic b*tch, heaux", and all the other derogatory sh*t that they come up with.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

aight. So i've watched most of it. So they mad cause women are educated?  I mean....they can go to school too tho.   ...these dudes want a traditional woman but don't want to be a traditional man U want a woman to take care of you...bring u plates while succin' your dicc but you don't want to be a traditional man and provide for her financially.  It's wrong for an AA woman to want security but you'll gladly give it to a Brazilian. You want a beautiful in shape woman but you are overweight. Dude is mad cause AA women want a man who look good just like a man wants a woman who looks good.

What I need for men to do is to watch this vid and apply the appropriate role reversal.   We could easily say fucc these AA men.  We gone go to Brazil, Republica Dominicana and Costa Rica and find us an Laz Alizondo. We gone get a man who stay with their family and value their wife and children, take care of themselves.  A man who will take care of me because that's what a man is supposed to do.

Dude talmbout he can walk up on a beatiful woman in a bikini and hug her.  Sorry but why do you feel you should be able to just touch on a woman you don't know.  smh.  I'm sorry but the women in Rio can have them bruthas.  We will gladly trade.

Exactly. This documentary should be called, "When will niccas be able to have the white man's misogyny?"

Edited by nitabug - Feb 07 2013 at 1:23pm
MooDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MooDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:23pm
i wonder what brazilian women think of this stereotype...i'd be plenty offended if someone came to my country thinkin im just some thing waiting to give it to a man with money
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by MooDee MooDee wrote:

i wonder what brazilian women think of this stereotype...i'd be plenty offended if someone came to my country thinkin im just some thing waiting to give it to a man with money

Alot of countries think American women are whores.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

34:00 min mark
I also like what he was saying at the 41:20 min mark aswell.
(basically just talking about the value of a 2 parent home being priceless and the statistics showing this)

I agree to an extent. I guess it just rubs me the wrong way because again, it makes it seem like bw have solely have a money issue. And they don't touch on how BM have a money issue, and other aesthetic/materialistic issues that also play apart from what's been an issue now, and before we've reached this point.

thats true ...

I agree... We all have money issues... Its the American way

The documentary started with the rise of BW attaining degrees in higher education more than their BM counter parts. This opened the door to higher paying jobs for black women. So theres this adjustment on the black family who in most cases is (highly traditional) but now forced to adjust to this fairly new phenomonom of Bw making more money (especially those in their 30's) than your average Bm. 

The one lady is like "well if he can't pay my bills why would I want him around" 
Well thats a little harder now if your making 150,000 dollars..lol.. Your bills are gonna be much higher in general than a person whos making 45,000. So if your looking for a brother to pay your bills then pickings will be slim.

A guy making a solid living might be an Ass with money issues like blowing his wealth on whips and chains but I doubt that he'd ever EXPECT a woman to pay his bills.

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by 4shopiece 4shopiece wrote:

Just finished....I didnt like how they made BW in the US seem insecure and money hungry.
I think it would have been more interesting if they got the men to talk about more specific situations that impact BM/BW relationships. They did mention education and finance but didnt discuss why thats an issue and I was a lil bothered by that. Eventhough They briefly mentioned the importance of the family unit which I think thats where a lot of the issues stem....there is a lack of family structure.
Also seems like the men wanted women to play traditional gender roles which are not always conducive to daily life in the US in many AA communities.

My overall thought : It was interesting that the men felt that patriachy is ideal for successful relationships and because it clashes with the independent woman complex they go lookn for love in  places where patriarchy is more of a norm

I think you can have patriarchy and still maintain a sense of independence in a relationship. There's a big difference between being independent - as in not constantly acting like a damsel in distress - versus being an emasculating "angry black woman" stereotype which is what most black men reference when they say a black woman has an independence complex.

I'm perfectly fine with my fiance taking the lead. I DON'T want to always be in control of every little thing in our relationship. We don't have kids, so I feel no need to be a bossy bish and constantly tell him what to do all the time. At the same time, he knows that there are spheres where I take the lead and he prefers it. He's the lead bread winner, and I'm totally okay with that. I take care of the managing the house hold expenses, and he's very okay with that. I'm not constantly up under him checking what he's doing every five seconds, and visa versa.
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:28pm
Doesn't matter. Many of the women they are going for used to be men.So it's ironic. They hate black women in america for their man like independence (which btw is an old colonial and slave mindset) only to go for "women" who are really men and act subservient (sp?).

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:34pm
Disgusted with those lazy uneducated men in the video. It doesn't take much to live out there in Rio and the women there are a dime a dozen. Standard of living is very low and they depend on tourism out there. Can you hold an intelligent conversation with the last 3 women that chose to do a interview in a bikini? I thinks not. Is it wrong for AA women to hold high standards and want the best in life. JEZZUZ I wouldn't want to bare children with any of those dudes in the interview my child's IQ will hella low.
Someone is selling them smoke and mirrors. I'm not against interracial dating or marriages at all. MAN UP if you want to have a solid foundation. The men are mad because the woman's role has changed. We make more money and chose to stay in school and not be a fool.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:35pm
I also agree. Get out of the US and see what's going on in the world. It totally changes your perspective.

But I also agree that often "mail order" brides become something else entirely when they hit our shores. Once they see how different American women act and the freedoms we demand, they're not so quick to want to continue the role of the subservient house puppy. These guys are going to eff around and find themselves becoming a cautionary tale like Eddie Murphy mentioned from RAW:

"I want HALF!"
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

I wish more black women dated blacks outside of America.

Why would I want to date someone outside of the country?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic