Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fruitvale Station (Michael B Jordan, July 23)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.56  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:36pm
I saw it today. 
This one lady had an emotional breakdown and walked out.
I got a little teary eyed at the end, but it wasn't that bad because I already knew what was gonna happen. 

Sponsored Links

missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 11:43pm
i want to watch this in theaters but i dont want to cry lol
when does it come out everywhere?
Mrs. October View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrs. October Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 3:14pm
OMG - Just saw this movie yesterday. DH and I were both crying at the end. By far one if the best films I've seen in a long time. This movie weighed so heavily on my heart all day yesterday. I just couldn't shake the feeling. Even though it was extremely emotional I don't regret watching. This is definitely a must-see.
Unregistered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 3:16pm
I'm gonna see it tonight and then come back and comment in here.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 3:21pm
Made nearly $7 million so far. Hopefully it can continue to rise.
Unregistered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:13pm
Y'all weren't lying when y'all said it was emotional. Wow. Story dragged till the last 20 minutes, but damn it hit me hard in my chest. Theatre so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 9:16am
i went to see this movie

First off i was glad to see Wallace from The Wire and of course Octavia Spencer...but thats about where it ended.

i didn't think the movie was that great

But i enjoyed how the movie showed what type of person Oscar Grant was, his struggles (as we all have them) and the life he led and the life he wanted to lead...i really appreciated the interaction that was shown between him and his daughter Tatiyana

But i was expecting a lot more i guess...although i can't put my finger on it...

i left the movie depressed and solemn...

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

i went to see this movie

First off i was glad to see Wallace from The Wire and of course Octavia Spencer...but thats about where it ended.

i didn't think the movie was that great

But i enjoyed how the movie showed what type of person Oscar Grant was, his struggles (as we all have them) and the life he led and the life he wanted to lead...i really appreciated the interaction that was shown between him and his daughter Tatiyana

But i was expecting a lot more i guess...although i can't put my finger on it...

i left the movie depressed and solemn...

I agree. It was good to see what type of person Oscar Grant was. 

It was a good movie.

...and it angered me that his murderer only served 11 months in jail.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 9:35am
I saw the movie and it had me tearing up as well. It was honest and I appreciated that.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 9:56am
OK I need to work up the nerve to see this. Exactly how much am I going to cry?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>