Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedFrugal grocery shopping ideas!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
azblklatina View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frugal grocery shopping ideas!!!
    Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:33pm
Since we do not have a folder for Frugal ideas.  I decided to start a post, However, it would be a really good idea to start a folder because in this crazy economy you never know what is going to happen and all income levels better start cutting cost and saving.  

Well here are a few websites that can help you cut cost with your grocery bill... These websites includes shopping list, Monthly meal planning ideas, recipes, things you may never have thought of.  

This site offers loads of ideas, shopping list, frugal ideas, recipes and such:

If you are really struggling and need ideas on how to  feed your family on low income this site offers the same as above but shows you how to feed a family of 4-6 on $45 plus has links to all types of other ides... They offer monthly meau ideas and recipes: Note, I have even used some of their ideas and it works, the food is great after I added some of my "extras" to it, I would just replace all that tea drinking with kool aid. 

this site offers food boxes for reelly cheap, check to see if they are in your area.  This is for everyone not just low income, Heck, everyone sometimes experience a low cash flow problem. 

Never go shopping without the grocery list or you will find you spend more then you should have.. this is  a site with sample grocery list and ideas... Trust me very helpful. 

I am a work from home housewife, these ideas are great for everyone to use especially single moms.   Enjoy the ideas..

Hey if you guys have other Frugal ideas please post.
Sponsored Links

JRenee View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:38pm
thanks for the info!!  I'll be back with some info I found last week on a lady who will only spent $800 for the year to feed her family.   She's been featured here on the news.
Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:39pm

oohh just in time for my cooking challenge.  Thanks azblklatina

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:43pm
I just hope we get a great response to this post so that Russ creates a frugal folder.  We can give eachother shopping ideas for clothes, food, cell phones, cars, coupons, deals and steals, you name it.  

This will benefit all of us.  I love finding new ways to save and build my families future.   but then again I could just be a bored housewife LOL
kalenjin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:45pm
CHeap meals:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/community/message/thread.asp?board=womeninred&threadid=777181&boardname=Hide&header=SearchOnly&footer=Show&linktarget=_parent&pagestyle=money1

Grocery Challenge:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/community/message/thread.asp?board=womeninred&threadid=179799&boardname=Hide&header=SearchOnly&footer=Show&linktarget=_parent&pagestyle=money1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:49pm

oh, I forgot to add that I just purchased dry WHOLE milk powder and it taste just like real whole milk....  I just cut my milk cost in half.  You can find the dry whole milk in any Mexican section at your locay grocery store.  Now make sure it is Whole milk not that nonfat milk, that is "yucky" LOL.LOL

kupenda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:52pm
I don't know if any of you guys have an ALDI's near you but they're stuff is really cheap
kupenda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:55pm
As far as clothing goes, I have taken old pants, suits, etc and added belts or other embellishments from the dollar store and made new, instyle outfits plus a lot of older fashions are coming back so hang onto those older clothes that are still in good shape.  As for kids, they have plato's closet that lets you swap your old clothes for other preowned clothes and they also have a branch called once upon a child that does the same for baby and toddler clothes/furniture/toys
kupenda View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 3:56pm
lol I forgot to add if you know that you're not going to use some items any more you could have a yard sale instead of just throwing or giving them away
*~Mz Diva~* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2008 at 4:23pm
Thanks so much for this!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic