FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closedfrom texturizer to relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Godsflowerrr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: from texturizer to relaxer
    Posted: Jan 03 2006 at 9:58am

Hey yall, I just went from texturizer to relaxer. I used the new optimum mineral relaxer and I must say that it was the best relaxer that i have ever used on my hair. it didn't burn at all and my hair came our really soft shiny,  and straight. My hair has never felt so soft and bouncy!!! I also absolutely love my new sedu tourmaline/ ceramic flat iron!!!!!!!! I cost a pretty penny but it is sooooooooooooworth it!! Has anyone tried this flat iron. it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the chi. it didn't pull my hair at all. it just slid through my hair. if anyone is thinking of buying an tourmaline ceramic iron, this is the one to get. I know that this should be under the product section but I just have to also mention the andis ionic hair dryer. it claims to dry the hair from the inside out and dries your hair 30 percent faster with less heat damage. my hair did dry a lot faster and and it wasn't brittle at all. just really shiny and soft. I can definitely tell the difference when compared to my old hair dryer.

check out my fotki "texturizer to relaxer" pics

http://public.fotki.com/Godsflowerrr/

password: happy

Sponsored Links

Island-Clo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2006 at 5:35pm
how did you go from texturizer to relaxer?with out doing the big chop?..cause I'm thinking bout relaxing my hair again, but I dont want to chop my text hair off I really dont want short hair again... I did 3 corrective relaxers to try to loosen up my curls but my curls are still very tight....would it be safe for me to get a regular relaxer and just leave it on till it starts getting straight or is that to risky... how did you do it?.. your hair is gorgeous too

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 1:44am
Hi, Thanks for the compliment. well for me i texturized my hair with motions relaxer which was a lye based relaxer (sodium hydroxide) and when it was time for me to relax i just used another lye based relaxer and smoothed it until it was straight. I could have used motions but  i just wanted to try something different. if you stik with the same chemicals that you shouldn't have any problems
Tine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 10:22am

Godsflowerr,

You had beautiful  texturized hair but not it is simply georgous. 

I put a relaxer after 2 texturizers but it still did not take since Iwas scared that my hair would break. Hopefully it did not happen. I just trimmed it into a nice bob and plan to relax it in 2 weeks with motions relaxer.

cheska View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2006 at 12:08pm
Godsflowerr, i was jealous of your curl, now you are really driving me crazy with your new relaxer!!!  reminds me of my good old days...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2006 at 7:41am
thanks cheska and tine!!!!!! tine try aphogee to treat your hair. i did this right before my relaxer and i got no breakage. through the whole relaxer process i probably lost about 10 strands of hair and i'm not even joking
caribbean_woman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2006 at 7:35pm

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am not very good with hair. I have had a curly perm for 2 years and want to relax my hair now. The product that my hair dresser used is Silk2,. Basically she would kind of straighten my hair first then  use some cream with some roller sets and rinse it with the rollers on and finally put some find of liquid on it.

I liked it but it really makes my hair dry, no matter what I do, or if I would use a LOT of activator (I use right on) my hair is really sticky! Well I decided I want to have a straight pem but my hairdresser said the only way is to cut it all. I do not want to cut my hair! So am I stuck? Please help! 

haitiangoddess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2006 at 6:34pm
Hey Godsflowerrr. I have a texturizer as well in my hair and i am afraid of putting a perm (ORS) on. did you lose a lot of hair? will anything happen? P.S. Your hair is beautiful!!!!
kmydesire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2006 at 4:20am
Godsflower : you pictures are remarkable. u lokk beautiful from the inside and out, and it is nice to see that u are happy. I am so insipred by u cuz, that week i was literally have a hair crisis. u see, i've been natural for 14 months and my texture is a 4a/b and it literally have broken a few combs..lol.. anyway, i wanted to try a texturizer and i chickened out a got cornrows instead. i just to have the versatlity of wash-n-go curl and straight hair without constantly flat ironing my hair. two questions: 
1. how long were you natural b4 u texturized?
2. what made you finally get a relaxer? excuse all typos its 5am

Edited by kmydesire - Apr 24 2006 at 4:21am
haitiangoddess View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2006 at 7:23am
My hair is texturized, blow dried, and flat ironed. will there be a problem if i get a perm???
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic