Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - From Keisha To Kylie: Biracial Teen Changes Her...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From Keisha To Kylie: Biracial Teen Changes Her...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 5:05am
Actually, this reminds me of a conversation I had with a woman who has the same name as me.  Same spelling.  She said her name used to be pronounced the same way as mine, but people insisted on pronouncing it a different way.  I STAYED correcting people.  I didn't care how uncomfortable it made them.
Sponsored Links

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 6:42am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

They'll take jabs at the new name, too. She's going to have to learn that it isn't the name, they are making fun of. It's HER. She let them do this to her by not speaking up and telling these ignorant fools that se doesn't appreciate their jokes and side comments and she wants it to STOP.
so it's her fault?
I agreed with her post until that part too
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 6:58am
I ain't even mad......I'm so glad my name is Sandra....
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:02am

They'll take jabs at the new name, too. She's going to have to learn that it isn't the name, they are making fun of. It's HER. She let them do this to her by not speaking up and telling these ignorant fools that se doesn't appreciate their jokes and side comments and she wants it to STOP.
maybe she did and they still didn't listen..you know how dense, bigoted and plain entitled some whites can be.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:06am
kylie is just as "made up" as keisha though.

i feel uncomfortable co-signing her chaining her name because it is less black, are we also co-signing if she decides to relax her hair because her hair is too curly, or use bleach because her complexion is too dark? 

any thing black makes white people uncomfortable yes, we shouldn't need to apologize for our existence.

and for the rapper thing, should we also feel bad for all those poor young white girls named molly, and actually being a white girl in general, since those are drug names in rap music....

Edited by melikey - Nov 06 2013 at 7:07am
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:08am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

maybe she did and they still didn't listen..you know how dense, bigoted and plain entitled some whites can be.

I still think this situation is an example of how white people, even today, have so much control that they are forcing some of us to change our damn names.  Some real Kunta Kinte to Toby shyt. 

This story is just one story out of a thousand of black folks having to change the spellings of their names, use middle names, and all this other song and dance fukkery to appease white people's comfort levels so they will let us go to their schools and hire us for their jobs. 

Maybe if the larger elephant in the room was dealt with, she wouldn't have had to feel the need to change her name. 
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:36am
I would change my name from Keisha too.Sick
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:38am
Wouldn't they still know her as Keisha though and make fun of her even more since she changed her name? Sigh.  LOL @ the mom's reasoning for giving her the name Keisha.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 7:49am
I side eyed her mom as well.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2013 at 8:09am
One of my friends changed her name legally once we graduated from HS from Raequesha to Rae.

I see no problem here.

ETA:: Fixed Typo

Edited by yaya24 - Nov 06 2013 at 9:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions