Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Frizzy ends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ChicFrenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frizzy ends
    Posted: Nov 24 2009 at 12:49pm
Hello ladies,

I need your help.

No matter what I do, I get frizzy ends when I flat iron my hair. The bottom gets very straight not my ends. I have regular trims and I have very good flat irons (100% solid ceramic plates: FHI runway or Hana Elite or Amika, I alternate). I strech my hair with a small comb or a brush while passing the flat iron but still frizzy ends! I use Beyond the Zone Heat protectant and SMB as a serum.

I'm 4 a/4 b. Before flat ironing I clarify, protein DC, and moisture DC with JOICO products. I airdry in braids. I thought about roller setting my hair while drying it. I do not like blow drying since I want to limit my heat usage.

What is your technique to avoid frizzy ends ladies when flat-ironing your hair?

Thank you
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 8:59am
bumpCry
Lavinia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavinia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 1:51pm
I had this problem before.

I solved it by putting my hair in large, plastic/magnetic rollers at night with either zero product or a microscopic drop of Chi silk infusion or a silicone serum on the very tips. The idea is to get the tips/ends to stick to the rollers so they are smooth, smooth, smooth when you wake up. It never works the  when I wrap my hair & I don't like to have it loaded with product, because it gets stiff and doesn't move or bounce.

Dont worry about the big rollers giving you a curl - the bigger they are the more they will actually help with the straightening/fresh press upkeep. Its like a very slo-motion Dominican blow-out without the hair driers and brushes afterwards.

When you take it down in the morning you can finger comb it to a sexy style with the ends not fuzzy at all.

I'm a 4b in my transition.
Meli09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meli09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 4:55pm
maybe when you air dry in braid, roll the ends on rollers to stretch them out. i roll my ends when i do twist/braid out so my ends are consistent and they turn out very smooth so i think this process would also work for your problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 11:28pm
Thank you so much ladies, I'll try this next week-end!Wink
lala71848 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala71848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 10:30am
I am having somewhat of the same problem, I have no idea if it is the flat iron that I am using or what. I use sick line heat protectant spray on my hair, I do not use the comb method while flat ironing it but the roots would get so straight and my ends will feel so brittle,almost as if its burned up! I have no idea what to do to solve this problem. If anyone can help to solve this problem I would apperciate that!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by lala71848 lala71848 wrote:

I am having somewhat of the same problem, I have no idea if it is the flat iron that I am using or what. I use sick line heat protectant spray on my hair, I do not use the comb method while flat ironing it but the roots would get so straight and my ends will feel so brittle,almost as if its burned up! I have no idea what to do to solve this problem. If anyone can help to solve this problem I would apperciate that!

My exact problem...the ends looking (not actually being) burned up....very frustrating! 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 8:23pm
i have heard that the comb and chase method while flatironing will get ride of this problem. i am going to try this next time.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 8:52pm
sigh that's disappointing that you have the runway and have this problem. i was hoping to invest in that. how do you compare the three ceramic irons that you have?

eta: you might have to flatiron if your hair is in the 4s. i know i do.

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 29 2009 at 8:53pm
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 11:17pm
OP I used to have this same problem.

However, I flat ironed my hair today, and my ends were straight!

This is what I did differently:

I did not use any silicones before straightening. Instead I used a bit of FHI hot sauce, wave neveau, and Paul Mitchell Straightening balm (not sure if that's the name).

I also left my hair kinda damp. I blow dried it 80%, and then flat ironed.

I am not sure if flat ironing wet or not using silicons helped.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic