Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Friend That NEVER Drives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JeriMK55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeriMK55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friend That NEVER Drives
    Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:17pm
My friend got her drivers license last year at the age of 22...which in my area is very late since we don't have public transportation. I know back in HS she had a drivers ed instructor who made her cry and took her a very long time to get back into driving after that. Also her mom and sister are very anxious drivers too.

So now it's been a year since shes got her license and still every time we hang out I have to drive, pick her up and/or drop her off. Luckily we live 2mins away for each other so its not that bad, but now that we're older and go places where there is drinking and I can never drink since I'm always the driver. Me and another mutual friend of have offered to drive with her so she can practice, but she has yet to take our offers. I asked my friend one night when were going to a party if she wanted to drive this time but, her mom said no b/c she has never driven at night apparently.

Now the mutual friend and non-driving friend are beefing b/c they went to a kickback and the mutual friend refused to give her a ride back home. I think my friend has gotten to the point where she just expects one of us to drive her home. Me and my mutual friend are stating to wonder if she's just using us for rides and my mutual friend is ready to end the friendship. My friend is a great person and has helped me when i had friendship problems, but I'm tired of enabling her by always driving her around. I'm certain if i stop driving then I probably will never see her.

Have any of y'all had to to deal with a friend that won't drive...did you dropped them?

Edited by JeriMK55 - Mar 09 2014 at 9:20pm
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:23pm
Does she have her own car? I don't like driving other people's cars either.  Too much responsibility. 
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:23pm
no. im the friend that doesnt drive.
i know how to Cry lol. but ive been in a few car wrecks..driving makes me nervous.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:27pm
She could be saving your life! I hate stepping on the imaginary brakes when riding with a terrible driver.
JeriMK55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeriMK55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:28pm
She doesn't have a car...she lives at home with her mom and sister who have cars that she could use. Me and my other friend don't have cars either, we use our parents cars
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:30pm
Is she comfortable driving? She might not have the confidence just yet

Don't take it personal. Have you asked her why? Before i was comfortable driving i didn't want to drove any ones car but my dads. .or with anyone else besides him
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:31pm
You should really ask her though. Sometimes people need to be pushed out of their comfort zones
JeriMK55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeriMK55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:41pm
From what I know she is not comfortable driving and at least from my perspective, it does not seem like she's trying to become more comfortable. I will often see her mom or her sister driving down our street or around the shopping centers, but never her.
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

She could be saving your life! I hate stepping on the imaginary brakes when riding with a terrible driver.

LOL forreal...
marissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 10:01pm
Does she have a dad/fatherly figure to take her out (to practice driving)? Or any other relative other than her mom or sister who can help her? Tell her she needs to get a hoopty off of craigslist, and practice driving around the parking lot of a empty shopping center. The only way she will get better is practice. I don't think you should drop her just yet, just forcefully nudge her a bit to see if she gets the message.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic