Fried Chicken and Watermelon Lunch For BHM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:51pm
btw i love watermelon. 

rarely eat fried chicken though. 
dont mess with cornbread.  
and never together for me either.. 

Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 6:53pm
Slaves used to eat watermelon since i 90% water and slave maste4 werent tryng to give us any extra water or food.

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:04pm
Liberal you say, I think its more closeted feelings is all. Most people who live in California ,migrated there and took their racist feelings with them.  I prefer my racist upfront, please and thank you.

Drive through Dublin area while black and see how liberal they are, I was pulled over at the gas station there and my car was parked.Confused

Edited by Princess Grace - Feb 06 2014 at 7:08pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:11pm
Coming from white Americans, that was definitely meant as a racist taunt. But you know what's funny about American racism? You actually have black people refuse to eat fried chicken or watermelon in public as if those are shameful foods when in actuality, people all over the word eat chicken (maybe not fried but still) and watermelon. White racism really has played a number on people. White people will eat fried chicken and watermelon like there's nothing to it while some blacks will eat it in hiding. That is so fucced up. Isn't chicken a lean meat and watermelon a thirst quenching nutritious fruit? Blacks need to stop living by white people's standards or stereotypes

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 06 2014 at 7:14pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Whoopi goldberg and some other actors/actresses wont eat those things on screen

I know and that's one of the ways that white people mess with black people's psyches. A lot of AAs don't seem to get it. All they see is those mammy dolls in their minds and they self-refrain from doing something that's perfectly normal and that's exactly how THEY want it. At least, that's my view on it. It has always astounded me. Not sure if American posters will get my point, as this is so culturally ingrained at this point

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 06 2014 at 7:20pm
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:15pm
Whoopi goldberg and some other actors/actresses wont eat those things on screen
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:19pm
i think places like concord/brentwood are way different than san fran/oakland… 

(idk much about dublin but it seems like it would be like concord/brentwood) 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:36pm
I know exactly what you're talking about Jolie.   Its food.   Chicken is delicious. 

But ultimately white people should just NOT participate in "helping" us with Black History Month.  Just don't. 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about Jolie.   Its food.   Chicken is delicious. 

But ultimately white people should just NOT participate in "helping" us with Black History Month.  Just don't. 

Pretty much!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Oh, I get the part about Black History Month. Given the ugly stereotypes and images that WHITE AMERICAN people have constructed around fried chicken and watermelon, I get that putting that on the menu was a racist move on their part. I guess I'm just addressing the internalization of these stereotypes as shameful by blacks. Probably a separate topic, though.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 06 2014 at 7:40pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>