Extensions Plus

Free part, Three Part, Side part lace closures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free part, Three Part, Side part lace closures
    Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 3:35pm
I have always purchased middle part lace closures but I am now looking into free part (no-part) closures. Have any of you purchased them and if so, how easy were they to style. And what about three-part. TIA
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 4:19pm
Yes.

*IMO, both the free style and 3 part are equally good and both are easy to style, but it is essential that you bleach the knots for either style of closure. I hate when people wear a 3 part closure without bleaching the knots.

*I wear freestyle when I want the option of wearing my closure going backwards with the lace glued down. If I want the part to be more defined or to stay extra flat, after I part the hair,I take a curling iron and smooth the hair down flat around the parted section. I have a freestyle lace wig right now and I did that today to make sure that my part is super visible.

*I wear the 3 part when I only plan to wear the hair with a part.

***This is a freestyle lace closure where I parted it in the center, but the knots were in their natural state -  the knots were not bleached:

Edited by NJHairLuv - Oct 27 2015 at 5:08pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 6:31pm
All of what NJ said, if you dont bleach the knots the part will look suspect and scream closure/wiggy. Also depending on the vendor some only do the 3 parting a few inches back so you still have to tweeze to make the part go the full length of the closure. 

If you find a good closure on Aliexpress get a few because some of those closures will turn on you when water hits them. 

Personally I will pay a few dollars more for a closure from certain vendors because its not really a deal to me if I get  $40 that I have to "make it work" and it ends up not working at all. 
smgreene67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smgreene67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 7:54pm
I only use Freestyle closures because I like the freedom of deciding where to part my closure. I don't like that "hard part" in the other types of closures.  As the ladies stated above, I always bleach my knots because it just looks better to me.  I also try to thin the edge of the closure by randomly plucking hairs out of the front.

thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2015 at 9:11pm
I also shy away from them , but I am going give them a try ,getting bored with middle part , 2 of my closure wigs are side parts , only 1 is a middle part
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2015 at 8:21am
I use the free-style and 3 part closures all the time , both offer versatile partings once applied.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2015 at 8:38am
You ladies have got me real excited to try the free part! I'll get one from AE so I can experiment with an inexpensive one and see how it goes with the bleaching and installing. Thanks so much ladies!!!

Edited by Daymarme - Oct 28 2015 at 8:38am
MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2015 at 11:31pm
i just bought my first 3 part and i was nothing special. After i cowashed it, it wasn't much different from a free part. My preference is a free part closure.
PangeaBeaute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PangeaBeaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2015 at 1:54pm
The free part is great as it offers a lot more versatility. 
ericashaircompany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericashaircompany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2015 at 3:01pm
Hey Ladies I want to invite you guys to try out Mayvenn. We have new Deluxe 7A grade hair. All of our hair comes with a 30 day guarantee so if you receive hair that you do not like you can send it back & receive a refund. If you install it & do nit like it you can exchange it. We also have closures. We want you guys to have the best experience with you hair so if you have any issues contact us ericashaircompany@gmail.com. To check out our hair go to www.ericashaircompany.mayvenn.com
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic