Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Franken-Closure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SampleSized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Franken-Closure
    Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:23pm
Help!!!Do you like puzzles? Well if you do then I have a task for you!! Here is the rundown. I purchased a holly  Burmese coarse yaki unit back in the day, and Epic-ly destroyed it. Before learning about  resizing wigs to fit my small dome I thought it a good idea to chop it up.Not so much , cause at the time I couldn't really sew and sewing back together yielded 'meh' looking results, maybe could've been a u-part with the right cap.

This thing has  gone from natural brown to an attempted  purple, then turned red after a severely failed boiling attempt .I put a mix of blue and purple over it so now its a deep violet color that looks black without lighting. The hair is still soft, the lace is various shades and I no longer have all the pieces to make it a full wig again but I will not toss them until I am absolutely certain I cant do anything else to it. Hence this post on a franken closure. Here are pics of what remains after all this.  Lost some hair and ventilated some hair into a few pieces.

My main goal is make a purple wig with a natural part  and well that's why I am here tell you this stuff. Now you know the history up until this point ,below are the pictures. Many of you ladies are very creative  so your positive input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading ^_^

http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Samplesized/media/Franken%20closure/IMG1001_zpsd8c7bbb1.jpg.html - http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Samplesized/media/Franken%20closure/IMG1009_zpse6f710cc.jpg.html - http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Samplesized/media/Franken%20closure/IMG1008_zps2e393edd.jpg.html - http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Samplesized/media/Franken%20closure/IMG1003_zps9defbfd4.jpg.html - http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/Samplesized/media/Franken%20closure/IMG1007_zps131d5ae9.jpg.html -
Sponsored Links

Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 3:11pm
Please have the funeral, let us know when the memorial will be, and then ask for assistance with picking a vendor to buy a new unit. just saying.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 4:12pm
I know the pieces are ratchet as they can be but I'm really trying not to spend anymore money if I can. I bought two units off eBay recently that were too big I have to get rid of which is why I'm so die hard to get something happening with these. I bought some  hair out of the m2m section that's similar in texture to be the bulk of my unit. At one point I had the pieces all sewed together as a 3/4 lace wig, I just had to work on my seams.

Any-who, its apart now , I have fabric pieces ,invisible thread,and thought to make a skin-like part or something and the dye used was semi perm so I think that part could be fixed. The piecing together is the hardest part because I cant tetris it in my head for frontal or a closure . Those are most of the wig minus a probably 3x4 inch "U". Sadly that parts long gone.

On a side note, if any of you kind lades want to recommend a great AND reasonable vendor for a glue-less unit that can either be customized purple or silver/white I would love you forever. I have some quotes and I'm trying to compare. Your secret is my secret,  please just help a small domed gal out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Please have the funeral, let us know when the memorial will be, and then ask for assistance with picking a vendor to buy a new unit. just saying.
Cry I know ,but its just so hard to say goodbye *Queues Boyz2Men*

Edited by SampleSized - Sep 01 2013 at 4:19pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

LAWD JESUS!!! THIS COMMENT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 6:54pm
OP, I am sorry for your loss.

If you have an old lace wig, you would be better off trying to make a closure.  Otherwise, you should buy new.

@Lwhite - To God be the glory! I see you up here testifying (concerning your cancer).

Edited by Lacy Gal - Sep 01 2013 at 9:05pm
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 11:55am
but it looks like you have dye all over the lace....how deep of a part do you want?  if you can find a clean part on the lace then that will be your starting point....if you can get at least 2 inches across the front and however far back you want, you will be good....if it were me i would find a good clean area of lace and make a closure about the size of leaveout .....i would nair me out clean sides to ake the closure.....but you don't seem to do very well with this type of stuff so yeah maybe you should wait til after you sell your other wigs and try something else
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by SampleSized SampleSized wrote:

I know the pieces are ratchet as they can be but I'm really trying not to spend anymore money if I can. I bought two units off eBay recently that were too big I have to get rid of which is why I'm so die hard to get something happening with these. I bought some  hair out of the m2m section that's similar in texture to be the bulk of my unit. At one point I had the pieces all sewed together as a 3/4 lace wig, I just had to work on my seams.

Any-who, its apart now , I have fabric pieces ,invisible thread,and thought to make a skin-like part or something and the dye used was semi perm so I think that part could be fixed. The piecing together is the hardest part because I cant tetris it in my head for frontal or a closure . Those are most of the wig minus a probably 3x4 inch "U". Sadly that parts long gone.

On a side note, if any of you kind lades want to recommend a great AND reasonable vendor for a glue-less unit that can either be customized purple or silver/white I would love you forever. I have some quotes and I'm trying to compare. Your secret is my secret,  please just help a small domed gal out.

ok maybe i'm misunderstanding....you want to make a wig using all these pices or you want to make a closure wig using the hair your bought from m2m?    either way, you need to get a cap.....with a cap you could make a dope frankenwig mixing the lace and the wefts....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by mst428 mst428 wrote:

ok maybe i'm misunderstanding....you want to make a wig using all these pices or you want to make a closure wig using the hair your bought from m2m?    either way, you need to get a cap.....with a cap you could make a dope frankenwig mixing the lace and the wefts....

You are correct about me wanting to make the closure wig out of the wefts from m2m and use the pieces of the wig as that closure.I  youtube'd a video on making a closure out of old wig and thought "why not" . I'll try to get them in better lighting  to see if there's a base to this crazy plot .Annoyingly,  I keep losing track of my measuring tape but so far I have eyeballed at least a 3x4 section that could be of use. I am stalking a cap right now, and a closure>_<.  I can always use them as a nape piece and *maybe* middle parting in the back piece for a mock full lace wig.*crosses fingers*
mst428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by SampleSized SampleSized wrote:

You are correct about me wanting to make the closure wig out of the wefts from m2m and use the pieces of the wig as that closure.I  youtube'd a video on making a closure out of old wig and thought "why not" . I'll try to get them in better lighting  to see if there's a base to this crazy plot .Annoyingly,  I keep losing track of my measuring tape but so far I have eyeballed at least a 3x4 section that could be of use. I am stalking a cap right now, and a closure>_<.  I can always use them as a nape piece and *maybe* middle parting in the back piece for a mock full lace wig.*crosses fingers*

i really wouldn't worry about the trying to get a piece of lace on the nape or in the middle since you are already having a hard time with just the basic closure wig...just youtube closure wig and you should find some help....you have to have a cap though for sure.....and all your supplies should be available for you to get to....this is a real project you have to go at it in that manner

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic