Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
NaturallyDivine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foundation looks GRAY
    Posted: Mar 18 2010 at 8:45am
I am 33 years old and just started wearing MU last month. Anytime before that it was professionally done. Nonetheless, for some reason no matter what foundation I use it always seems to look grayish on my face and sometimes even orange right after applying. I want to think it is the lighting in my house because it doesn't look that way in my car mirror or once I reach work. I just don't want to leave my house without a natural look (I feel self conscious about it) I love all the products I use by 10 am it looks like my skin is glowing and I have received lots of compliments so far.

During the day I use Laura Mercier oil free TM spf 20 and dust with M.A.C mineralize skinfinish natural

At night I use MUFE HD 173 dust with MMSFN

Am I doing something wrong?

Oh BTW it really looks dark gray when I set foundation with M.A.C blot powder dark (which I love because it keeps the oil at bay).

Edited by NaturallyDivine - Mar 18 2010 at 8:52am
Sponsored Links

nappygirl623 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2010 at 5:14pm
I have only had foundation look gray/silverish on me one time and that was when I first started using Bare Minerals and the reason that it was gray was because the powder that I chose was too dark for me so maybe the shade you are using is too dark? 
GoingNatural86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2010 at 8:22pm
The foundation could be too light or you might have the wrong undertones.

The best way to know if you have the right shade and undertone is be looking in natural light. Outside or by ur window...
if it looks fine outdoors esp on a bright day, then it jus might be the lighting in your house.

(I use natural light bulbs, not yellow or those white ones that make the room look gray)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 7:56am
Thanks ladies for the reply. Yes GoingNatural86 I use those same bulbs and in my bathroom its a little grayish. When I am outside it looks fine..I thinkConfused. I am new to the MU game so I really don't know what MU should look like on my skin just yet.

Is it okay for MU to be a little darker than your neck? I seem to be a little orangey after applying Laura Mercir TM in tan but I was told I have olive undertones and the TM seems to be a lil' red.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 11:43am
I think makup should make you look like you have nice skin and not that you have a ton of foundation on.

I seems that the Laura Mercir might have red undertones which is what is giving you that orangy look.

I think your face and neck should definitely match. It makes the foundation look more believable. You dont want to have a line between your neck and face.

My face, neck and chest are three different colors. I try to make my foundation match my neck as possible and even blend the foundation down into my neck a bit to blend the two together so there isnt a harsh line.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 1:36pm
Ok just got back from Sephora's to find another TM and I had the MUA put Laura Mercier TM in tan on me just to see if I was doing something wrong and baby by the time he was finished my skin had looked like I walked out of a spa. I went outside with a mirror and WOOZIER..my skin was glowing. He used an angle foundation brush (which I brought) and told me I was on the money with tan and that I have to make sure I blend really well. I tried caramel which has a blue base and it made me look ashy. It is the lighting in my house, so I am going to stick with LMTM.

Thanks GN86!
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 6:52pm
^ Glad you found a solution.  Sounds like it works for you.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 8:15pm
^^^ Yes ma'am you can't even tellI have on MU now. Ok off to learn how to apply blush..lol!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 10:36pm
Application makes a BIG difference!! I'm glad you liked it... You make me want to go and try that Laura mercir :)...
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic