Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Found this little gem on Mixed Chicks FB page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jazmin89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazmin89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I  don't see the problem. She wants her child to be labeled as mixed..which they are...sooo what's the problem lol
Sponsored Links

Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:22pm
Kind of off topic: I wonder how the women felt during slavery when they would have a baby by the slave owner who raped them and it would come out looking completely white. Having to carry the man's seed for nine months. Then have to pretend that the child was from the mistress of the house and not their own. Then have to look at the child every day while caring for it and be reminded of his or her rapist father. That confusing feeling between being happy that the child looks white and also being sad that it looks white.

I think this lady should just get over it. You had a child with a black man. It is biracial but no1currs but you.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

I don't care if a mixed person wishes to be considered biracial instead of black.....
But it's still not going to help them escape some form of racial discrimination for being not white.....
Being half white is still not going to give you full white privileges. 

Why does recognizing that one of ur parents is white have to mean ur trying to get some form of  white privilege? Saying that yes I am biracial doesnt mean they trying to escape something ... they are simply correctly identifying themselves.

Again, I really don't care if a person wants to be classified as mix.  That's not my fight.  Plus, in this case, the mother is the one with the problem of how her children are classified, not the children.  She's mad at a race classification that was created by her own race.  She should have done her research before she laid down with a black man.  Just because she is ranting and raving about their race being biracial instead of black doesn't mean it will change the mindset of people.  If she wants her kids documentation to read "biracial", then she needs to be the one filling out the paperwork each and every time. Leaving it up to anyone else, and they will be what they think they are.

But I know people personally that are biracial and hate being classified as black because being considered black and looking black even though their mother or father was white, is a very bad thing.  They felt like throwing their pedigree out there would make them less susceptible to being viewed as just black.

And I'm not going to ignore the fact that folks just don't want to be black.  I have an uncle that prides himself on having a mother that could pass for white.  We end in arguments each and every time.  He thinks that having a mother of very fair complexion is better than her being a dark woman.  It makes him feel better about himself having light skin.   
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteNSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by CuteNSweet CuteNSweet wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I could say so many things about white women that love to sleep with black men , but are racist in every other way imaginable  . Maybe she should Read President Obama book about his father.'

I can't believe she would use the Birthing Process as a reason to declare her children white  . I hope the father is fully aware of her wishes . I would love to see a photo . I hope the children are not effected by the mother selfish butt . SMH

IA! What world does she live in??? Black genes are dominant. She needs to get used to the fact that the world sees black. Not oh you came outta a white pucci so you get a pass.   They are listed as black and that statement isn't untrue.   She should have thought about that before she had them. She obviously does not want them viewed as black.   Sorry boo boo in the real world they are conidered nothing special just black.

Umm no. The world will not see these children as 'black'. That's in America and America .. is not the whole world. DUH!

The rest of the world will see them for who they are which is bi-racial. Period.

Get away from America and experience the outside world.

Been outside of America a lot thanks very much and I disagree. People perceive you as what you look like period.   Example. I'm South American that's a fact.   Some people in my family look black, some are blonde with blue or green eyes.   I look black. The world perceives me as black no matter what country I've visited. No one is saying oh wait your parents are from South America so no you're not black.. Fk outta here with that unrealistic sh*t. Maybe in your world, but in my world you are what you appear to be. If she needs there to be a bi racial label to settle her mind I could care less. But it is what it is ppl will look at her kids as blk.
sbrooke View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrooke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:53pm
See this is why I really don't know if I'm able to have biracial kids due to this... If my husband has questions like this it would really rub me the wrong way.... From what I got from it listing her child as biracial would put her at ease or somewhat make the children better than just being considered Black, but what she fails to realize is that being biracial isnt going to change anything. And Some people will only consider you biracial if you have the 'biracial look' ..

Edited by sbrooke - Mar 03 2013 at 1:58pm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:04pm
it's funny how some biracials look all white, yet their parent wants to raise them as black    
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:47pm
Wow at this thread. Honestly I think some white women do have mixed kids as trophy babies and then get mad when the kids get labelled as black. In UK quite a few give the mixed kids up for adoption because they can't cope with all the racial issues that come with it. Maybe that is another topic entirely tho...
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuteNSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:00pm
^^ that's sad
Finesseful View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Finesseful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:08pm
U hope you don't have a lightskinned son even though you're gonna impregnate a white woman? I think black men secretly wish they could have darkskin kids with white women.

Edited by Finesseful - Mar 03 2013 at 3:09pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

My son is black with two black parents....But when people see him, they perceive him as a child of mixed ethnicity.
The Doctors have asked if he was mixed
His teachers have asked
Random rude ass people have asked
Strangers at the Warf here in DC have asked
The waitress at Fridays have asked
This random man at Giants asked and wanted to take a picture of him
This white lady at Pentagon mall asked blatantly why he looks like he do and his father is not white...If it weren't for the fact that her accent told me she wasn't from the US, I would have cursed her ass out.
The Asian lady at the nail shop have asked.

I aint lying....And all of these folks were non-black.
But the list goes on.  They look at me and see that he favors me, but other features like complexion, eye color and hair color would NEVER come from a black person.....
But most children I've seen with white mothers look black to me. 

My condolences on having a light skinned son. That is one of my worse fears.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic