Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Found this little gem on Mixed Chicks FB page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

"heres a thought id like some feedback on...my children are mixed black and white..sure we have about 6 other bloodlines in us but basically...black and white...my childrens birth certificates are labeled 'black'. this annoys me...im white...i carried them for 9 mts, gained the weight was hospitalized for throwing up to much, had the mood swings, the hot flashes etc...why do they have to be labeled black??? I always felt I deserved a right to be on there and would love for a 'b\w' or even biracial...but no..they dont allow that as a option..am I the only one that feels a little short changed here?...my kids world is mostly with my side.the family..there dad barely speaks to his family...yet school, drs, everywhere...they are considered black... now im obviously not prejudice, just wondering if im the only one this botheres?"

This post bothers me for some reason.  What do yall think?
Ermm

Then you shouldn't have lay down with a black man then, silly wench
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by CuteNSweet CuteNSweet wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I could say so many things about white women that love to sleep with black men , but are racist in every other way imaginable  . Maybe she should Read President Obama book about his father.'

I can't believe she would use the Birthing Process as a reason to declare her children white  . I hope the father is fully aware of her wishes . I would love to see a photo . I hope the children are not effected by the mother selfish butt . SMH

IA! What world does she live in??? Black genes are dominant. She needs to get used to the fact that the world sees black. Not oh you came outta a white pucci so you get a pass.   They are listed as black and that statement isn't untrue.   She should have thought about that before she had them. She obviously does not want them viewed as black.   Sorry boo boo in the real world they are conidered nothing special just black.

Umm no. The world will not see these children as 'black'. That's in America and America .. is not the whole world. DUH!

The rest of the world will see them for who they are which is bi-racial. Period.

Get away from America and experience the outside world.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 4:52am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

I could say so many things about white women that love to sleep with black men , but are racist in every other way imaginable  . Maybe she should Read President Obama book about his father.'

I can't believe she would use the Birthing Process as a reason to declare her children white  . I hope the father is fully aware of her wishes . I would love to see a photo . I hope the children are not effected by the mother selfish butt . SMH

IA! What world does she live in??? Black genes are dominant. She needs to get used to the fact that the world sees black. Not oh you came outta a white pucci so you get a pass.   They are listed as black and that statement isn't untrue.   She should have thought about that before she had them. She obviously does not want them viewed as black.   Sorry boo boo in the real world they are conidered nothing special just black.

Umm no. The world will not see these children as 'black'. That's in America and America .. is not the whole world. DUH!

The rest of the world will see them for who they are which is bi-racial. Period.

Unless they are half-black and half-whatever country they happen to be in, the locals will just think they are BLACK (well American first).  It has happened in damn near every country I have ever visited.  You look the part, that's what you'll be identified as.  The only difference is that people in other countries don't want and don't care about an American history lesson on race and race constructs.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 6:00am
No, they do not understand what goes on in America as concerns race -and they have no reason to care. Smile They have their own issues so they are wondering why you know understand the big deal things going on in their country? If you try to explain - they will look at you like you are crazy. 
If you are American .. that trumpts everything but you misunderstand . This happens because the Europeans are 'Nationalists' whereas the American's are ... 'Racists'.  Meaning to the Europeans your NATIONALITY ... no matter where you are from .. trumps your RACE.

Visiting is one thing but living here such that you have to function everyday .. if different. I did a lot of visiting before I moved too.  I have been living and traveling in Europe - different countries Belgium, The Netherlands, France and the UK for the last 13 years and in my experience when people see someone that looks like Halle Berry - yes, they can tell that she is mixed probably Black and White. However, they respect BOTH parts of her heritage

Meaning she is as much Black ... as she is White. She is not expected to favour her father's race (Black) and reject her mother's race (White). She is 'mixed'. They do not see her as Black - flat out though.

The 'one drop'  thing does not exist over here ... in general. I say in 'in general' because there always people that see being Black as a kind of contaminent. So the minute they have a drop of Black in them  they are poof - Black - but I have known a lot of people like this and in general, they themselves and other people do not consider themselves 'Black' if they are half Black. That is an American construct.

I know one woman from Venezuela (color problems big time over there)  who married a British guy and her mixed children have taken different paths. The son looks more like Obama but only dates White women and her daugher looks a little darker than Mariah Cary - but she only dates Black guys. Her daughter is screwy in the head about her color too but that's her crazy mother's influence.  I try to avoid that family. Her mother brought all that color mess from her home county ... over here... so she is paranoid. Now her son .. he just ignores her color issues and lives a happy life doing exactly what he wants to do. Hee hee!

(If I tell someone that Mariah Cary is Black though you really can't tell ...  they will not believe me and will think I have problem with claiming everrrryone that has some tiny lineage of Black - as being .. Black. I try to explain that she herself sees herself as Black and again they think that's crazy so then after a while these people start to believe THAT I HAVE some kind of color problem.Confused So I give up I don't talk about American color issues anymore. )

In my experience ... these people are known as mixed. Could be Asian (South Asia - meaning Indian) and Black, could be White and Asian, could be Columbian and Egyptian ... ummm could be a lotttt of different sorts of mixing that have nothing to do with Black but they are all known as 'mixed' and then the person explains what they are mixed with and ... that's it.

Mixed.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 03 2013 at 6:31am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 9:21am
I have travel to many places outside the US . I stand by my OP .
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 9:37am
All this is way toooo confusing....... I just find it funny how mixed people have to look a certain way for some of you to be okay with them saying biracial. What is this only looking light skin black supposed to mean???? They don't look mixed according to you so they should claim black. I'm just wondering
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 9:38am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I really wish the idea of "mixed" would become obsolete.

But then again that would fucc up the self esteem of negroes around the globe.
So you agree with the one drop rule is what you are saying?
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:05pm
My son is black with two black parents....But when people see him, they perceive him as a child of mixed ethnicity.
The Doctors have asked if he was mixed
His teachers have asked
Random rude ass people have asked
Strangers at the Warf here in DC have asked
The waitress at Fridays have asked
This random man at Giants asked and wanted to take a picture of him
This white lady at Pentagon mall asked blatantly why he looks like he do and his father is not white...If it weren't for the fact that her accent told me she wasn't from the US, I would have cursed her ass out.
The Asian lady at the nail shop have asked.

I aint lying....And all of these folks were non-black.
But the list goes on.  They look at me and see that he favors me, but other features like complexion, eye color and hair color would NEVER come from a black person.....
But most children I've seen with white mothers look black to me. 
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Maybe you need to talk with the mom who must be living in America and concerned with how her children would be looked at. 
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I  don't see the problem. She wants her child to be labeled as mixed..which they are...sooo what's the problem lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>