Perfect Hair Collection

Forgotten Toddler Dies In Car - 8 Hours Inside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

This happens all the time folks.

There are A LOT of working parents that are juggling too many things. 

In this case the man was distracted by his job promotion AND he was supposed to do something (drop iff the baby) which is outside of his regular daily routine ... and he forgot.

Happens a lot so don't be so quick to judge.

Damn--I don't wanna pull a MaySay and say don't have fvcking kids.....but don't have fvcking kids. 

Okay, I think everyobe is missing point here.

When you do something ALL THE TIME then you don't forget because it's routine and automatic.

So for a mother of 3 - she puts one here and one there .... but no matter what distracts her momentarily ... she KNOWS she has one more to put somewhere. :) In the back of her head .. she knows she has THREE.

However you you do something OUTSIDE of your routine - that's how these accidents happen.

There was a guy on Dr Phil that did the same thing. USUALLY he leaves for work after his wife .. but on this ONE day, he had to go to work EARLY so he said he would the child to daycare. Okay, everyone is rushed to get out of the house. He missed his exit or whatever, saw a car accident, got around that and starting thinking about the first thing he must do when he gets to the office. He gets to the office and makes a run for it - sits down and works alllll day.

It wasn't until his wife called and said the Daycare had not seen the baby that BAM .. he realized that HE HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT HIM! He was quiet and alseep in the backseat the whole drive to work!!

Of course, by the time he got to the car ... the child was dead.

So it's not that the grandpa was OLD ... ít's that he was DISTRACTED about his job promotion AND he was taking the baby to Daycare which was not part of his regular ROUTINE. Poor guy.

That's why I said - don't judge because this happens all the time - people get distracted. So the police will not charge him I'll bet.

So don't think this can never happen to YOU .. because it can.

AWAYS CHECK YOUR BACK SEAT. There should be a gimic that will not allow the driver the exit the car .. unless he turns around and looks at the back seat .. or something like that...

I would be crushed if I had left one of my nephews or nieces ... gives me the chills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Printer_Ink - May 14 2014 at 3:31pm
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:28pm
the man has been a parent before--routine or not
I didn't read your essay but bc you missed THAT very salient point....the rest of your argument fails

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:31pm
the brain is tricky. I can see how it would happen with an over worked brain.

sad.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:35pm
Geesh ... just trying to explain what I have read in the papers about this kind of thing again and again.

People get 'distracted' and forget the kid is in the backseat.

Again, this is a 'common occurance' for a reason.

If any topic deserves an essay ... this would be that topic.

Edited by Printer_Ink - May 14 2014 at 3:37pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:37pm
I dont agree printer.

I can see complacency when kids are around all the time, but idk, I dont have them around all the time so I get super vigilant
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:37pm
i remember a time my friend forgot someone was in the back seat and screamed/jumped/whirled around when she heard them. 
(it was a quiet, mentally challenged person) 

i could definitely see an oldish man forgetting.. 
when you have kids in your care you should be more responsible though. 

sad situation 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

So don't think this can never happen to YOU .. because it can.

Nope. The common denominator here is the parents/caregivers are not watching the kids.

Whether it's a family member or work, my eyes are always on the kids in my charge. It's automatic and it's impossible to forget.

No child in my care is going to get left in the car all day or accidentally run over in a parking lot or snatched up in the mall. Why? Because I actually watch them. The only way any of that could happen is if I myself am physically incapacitated or I'm being negligent. In these cases, they were negligent.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:42pm
I don't believe your assertion that this is a common occurrence. Not even a little bit.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:43pm
I would think doing something outside of the usual routine would make you more alert and not the opposite.  I know I get anxious when I have to do something new and I pay extra attention so I don't eff it up.  

Either way this situation sucks for all involved but most definitely for that baby. 
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:51pm
Hopefully grandpa has a job interview and some melanin so he can go to jail. Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic