Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedFORGET DIET! I NEED TO GAIN!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Eurodiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2004 at 6:13am
OH Dear....why in the world would anyone want to GAIN weight.

"One can never be too RICH or too THIN"

OK.. I think you should see a dietition (nutrition doctor) sorry English is my second language so spelling is a problem for me sometimes.  Sometimes when people try to gain weight they tend to eat the wrong fatty foods which can cause health problems.  Also please stay away from the powders that they sell in the Health food stores.  Sometimes this stuff is worst than poison.

Sponsored Links

*Drama* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2004 at 11:00pm

You can also purchase weight gain powder to make into drinks at vitamin stores(GNC maybe, some others look in your phone book or look around your area). Has a lot of calories in them and I'm sure it will help you out

CatEyedCutie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2004 at 7:02pm

You can also get Scandishake. It's a 600-calorie shake. You have to mix it in a blender with whole milk. It tastes really good too. They sell it at Giant foodstores or you get buy it from online at http://www.Scandishake.com

skinbeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2004 at 7:07pm
welcome back Reniece,thought you'd left for good.  Did you get my messages on your Fotki site?
mskibibi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2004 at 7:12pm

I feel your pain with the whole gain 10 lbs. That has been my goal since I was Junior in high school. I would always say "I'm going to be thick for senior year" then it was "i'm going to be thick for college". Then I heard about the "freshman fifteen" when that didnt happen I prayed for the "transfer twenty". Now  I'm about to start law school and my goal is still the same-"I'm going to be thick for my 22 B-day"LOL  Oh Lord this is funny, to be honest I've given up. I've tried all the carbs, proteins, even Ensure. My doctors have prescribed stuff and everything, its not my appetite (I eat a lot) its my metabolism. So i'm focusing on something i have more control over- my hair.

Good luck

nursingstudent View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2004 at 7:33pm
Law school WOW ........ CONGRATULATIONS
heartsdesire View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2004 at 8:19am
Originally posted by CatEyedCutie CatEyedCutie wrote:

You can also get Scandishake. It's a 600-calorie shake. You have to mix it in a blender with whole milk. It tastes really good too. They sell it at Giant foodstores or you get buy it from online at http://www.Scandishake.com

i like the scandishake . i add a lil extra milk than recommended and add some icecream, maybe 2tbls. it's good as an after-dinner treat. it costs about $7 for a 4-pack box though so u wld have to buy often. no results yet but it's only been about 2wks. Goal 115bs. curr-ht- 5'2'' and wgh 104lb. so i got a way to go.

sade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2004 at 7:35pm
I started ensure and I'm also taking vitamins which helped my appetite increase. Its advisable to gain weight by eating regular foods or food drinks, instead of powders from GNC< etc. Those are best left for athletes.
chingysjailbait View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2004 at 7:58pm
thank you for posting this topic....i thought i was the only one in the world that wanted to gain weight....and thanx 4 the tips everybody
TrueEssence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2004 at 8:15pm

Like somebody else already posted increase "good"carbs like pasta,rice,potatoes,cereals,and mix them with veggies and cheese..u wanna gain weight fast?PROTEIN SHAKES AND ...VELVEETA..lol..I ve a good metabolism but macaroni and cheese beat it!I would gain 5 pounds in a week if I eat em everyday..it s important u to eat other food too like chicken,steamed beans,eggs  potatoes and MILK AND CHEESE<CHEESE AND MILK...that s a real bomb of calories ,proteins ad calcium.Now u might wanna add KFC once a week,Fried Chicken and a biscuit w fries..Unhealthy but fatty.....Good Luck!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic