FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

forex Trading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 8:18am
Buns is the amount needed to start indicative of how the market is doing?  I read up last night and I'm liking commodities cause it seems easier to forecast
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 8:30am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

How much money do you need to start trading commodities?

just to open an account you need 2000 from ameritrade, and you're required to have atleast 1500 to continue trading. 

different commodities require different amounts to get into the market, assuming you make no profits or losses you get your money back, if you do make profits you get the cost of the commodity back + your profits, if you want to get into gold its 4,950 each contract. crude oil cost (aka what they use to make gas) 3,740. oats cost 660 dollars to get into. some markets can be as low as 500 dollars, other markets cost as much as 8,000 dollars

ill give one last example of mind boggling profits, back when gas prices started to drop this is what crude oil looked like

where i wrote starting price 50 is the beginning of nov, where i wrote ending price 33 is beginning of january, every dollar up or down for crude oil is 1000 profit. meaning if you brought short (short is when you make money when the price goes down, long is when you make money when price goes up) around 50, or even 45, or any where before jan, every dollar you held a position would be a 1000 profit 

so if you were lucky enough to buy at 50, and sold at 33, is 17 points, which is 17,000 and you need 3,740 to buy 1 (you get the 3740 back when you sell)

Ok so what exactly is 50 dollas getting me?
3740 to buy 1 point or stock?
so when I am buying I would buy it short or long?

thank you bunz
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 8:31am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Buns is the amount needed to start indicative of how the market is doing?  I read up last night and I'm liking commodities cause it seems easier to forecast

no, good or bad, for the most part a commodity will require the same start price give or take all year long, it does fluctuate sometimes though depending on volatility, certain markets just cost more. 

for example corn cost $1,045. every dollar up or down corn moves is 50 dollars profit/loss. on may 20th corn opened @ 390, yesterday may 27th it closed @ 412

if you brought long on may 20th@ 390 and sold @ 412, or better yet never sold at all you would of made 1100 profit,
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 8:41am

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

How much money do you need to start trading commodities?

just to open an account you need 2000 from ameritrade, and you're required to have atleast 1500 to continue trading. 

different commodities require different amounts to get into the market, assuming you make no profits or losses you get your money back, if you do make profits you get the cost of the commodity back + your profits, if you want to get into gold its 4,950 each contract. crude oil cost (aka what they use to make gas) 3,740. oats cost 660 dollars to get into. some markets can be as low as 500 dollars, other markets cost as much as 8,000 dollars

ill give one last example of mind boggling profits, back when gas prices started to drop this is what crude oil looked like

where i wrote starting price 50 is the beginning of nov, where i wrote ending price 33 is beginning of january, every dollar up or down for crude oil is 1000 profit. meaning if you brought short (short is when you make money when the price goes down, long is when you make money when price goes up) around 50, or even 45, or any where before jan, every dollar you held a position would be a 1000 profit 

so if you were lucky enough to buy at 50, and sold at 33, is 17 points, which is 17,000 and you need 3,740 to buy 1 (you get the 3740 back when you sell)

Ok so what exactly is 50 dollas getting me?
3740 to buy 1 point or stock?
so when I am buying I would buy it short or long?

thank you bunz

yea you could say 3740 to buy 1 stock or 1 commodity of crude oil, when you sell your position you get your 3740 back. its like a deposit. 

when i say 50, the price of crude oil was 50 dollars at the beginning of nov. each dollar up or down for crude oil = 1000 dollars profit/loss. so if crude oil went up 2 dollars to 52 you made 2000 dollars, plus your deposit back. 

if you ever watched the movie trading places with eddie murphy at the end, eddie murphy brought hundreds of orange juice commodities and became a millionaire. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 9:06am
Oh wow.  so where does the risk come in. how does 15,000 drop to 4,000

sorry if my questions are basic or make no sense lml

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 9:21am

Oh wow.  so where does the risk come in. how does 15,000 drop to 4,000

sorry if my questions are basic or make no sense lml

no problem, i dont mind.

its just like stocks but amplified, you buy a stock for 300 dollars and it goes down to 250. 

in the example of futures you buy long (long means i make money if the market goes up) and the market goes down, and you dont get out when the market is going against you. 

so say you brought 15 corn contracts (each contract is 1045) which is 15,675 and brought them long, meaning if the price goes up, every dollar up or down is 50 dollars x15

so if you brought @ 420, and it goes down to 414, each dollar up or down is 50 dollars, so you lost 300 dollars per each contract you own.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 9:37am
sheeeessh ok. 

I think I'm gonna read up on this more. Both have extreme risks but I think I can read futures/commodities better.

thanks bunz I will be DMing you
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 10:07am
Nooooo don't Leave! I'm tryna learn something
Thanks for starting this thread, this is interesting.
Haitian diva, can you post updates please?
And bunz who got you started with this?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 10:20am
lml I won't leave.  nobody seems interested tho lol.

bunz what you know about binary? Is thst good for day to day profit? 
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2016 at 10:29am
This is making me moistStern Smile

Good thread HD!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic