Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 14 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 55476
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:47am

ObamaCare Income Tax Penalty For Not Having Insurance

Starting in 2014, most people will have to have insurance or pay a "penalty deducted from your taxable income". For individuals, penalty starts at $95 a year, or up to 1% of income, whichever is greater, and rise to $695, or 2.5% of income, by 2016.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2009
Location: TTT
Status: Offline
Points: 310114
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:59am
I don't really like the idea of ordering from china either. Sticking it to forever 21 should've happened when their sweatshop practices were exposed but there's so much going on in the world that distracts from these issues. We can order directly from china but we'd still be supporting inhumane working conditions with employees who definitely have no benefits and no other options. Shifting our business for human rights needs to go somewhere else that values human rights.
Back to Top
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 08 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 27049
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:06pm
People blame Obamacare as it's an easy scape goat. It's that's ninja's fault...type of logic. When in fact they should be holding their congressman accountable for the backdoor deals they do with companies. The tax codes are setup to benefit them. Many (like Walmart) pay the least but reap the most. Large companies that make billions in profits but rely on the govt to subsidize their workers.
Back to Top
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 27 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 3580
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I don't really like the idea of ordering from china either. Sticking it to forever 21 should've happened when their sweatshop practices were exposed but there's so much going on in the world that distracts from these issues. We can order directly from china but we'd still be supporting inhumane working conditions with employees who definitely have no benefits and no other options. Shifting our business for human rights needs to go somewhere else that values human rights.

I don't mind buying from China for the simple fact that...I'm already buying from China!!  I have on an Express cardigan...just looked and the tag says...MADE IN CHINA.

Unless it's American Apparel, you're probably buying from China anyway but paying a mark up because you're getting it from an American retailer.




Edited by Ms_Kudos - Aug 19 2013 at 12:52pm
Back to Top
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 29 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 119680
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:01pm
F21 clothes look like sht anyways. The material is cheap and the prints are outdated and ugly.
Back to Top
chocolate03 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 23 2012
Location: Atlanta
Status: Offline
Points: 1890
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chocolate03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

People blame Obamacare as it's an easy scape goat. It's that's ninja's fault...type of logic. When in fact they should be holding their congressman accountable for the backdoor deals they do with companies. The tax codes are setup to benefit them. Many (like Walmart) pay the least but reap the most. Large companies that make billions in profits but rely on the govt to subsidize their workers.
 
This allll day
Back to Top
Momeijheii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 13 2008
Location: Shut up
Status: Offline
Points: 19136
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Momeijheii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:



It's hard to clean up when three secs later a customer comes right behind you and tears it up....it always made me mad when they WATCHED me refold the clothes but they mess it up anyway! Angry


Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Then get mad if u offer to help them look for a size in a way that preverves your straightening up.  People are just raggedy and hateful.

Bishes killed me with that shyt. They'll look you in the eye and toss clothes in the floor. Shoppers can't be farreal, man.
Back to Top
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 27 2005
Location: Delta Quadrant
Status: Offline
Points: 78601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 3:18pm
And exactly how many employees would be effected?  I can't imagine there are that many f/t retail staff that would be effected.  I'm guessing here, but when I did retail it was part time and practically everyone else was there working p/t, too.  Don't think this issue is worth boycotting tbh...
Back to Top
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 19 2009
Location: ATL ho.
Status: Offline
Points: 29641
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

And exactly how many employees would be effected?  I can't imagine there are that many f/t retail staff that would be effected.  I'm guessing here, but when I did retail it was part time and practically everyone else was there working p/t, too.  Don't think this issue is worth boycotting tbh...

...there are PLENTY of full time retail associates that aren't in management.

Especially in the bigger department stores like Macy's, J C Penney, etc. In every retail job I've worked (5 to date) it was at least half-and-half. 
Back to Top
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 18 2010
Location: US - California
Status: Offline
Points: 10179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

F21 clothes look like sht anyways. The material is cheap and the prints are outdated and ugly.

The clothes deteriorate after you wash them, even on gentle Cry Plus, they rip off up and coming designer's work
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down