Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

A lot of places are doing this so they wont have to pay health insurance for their employee's. They all stick around the 29.5 mark as well just under what is needed for them to provide health care.... its pretty sh*tty especially since these are already Min wage jobs. So there will be ppl out there having to work two PT jobs and still not get the health insurance that they need and still make less than 15,000 a year. They dont care.

Exactly.  

Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 2:21am
Man.. I'm so conflicted.

It's total bullsh*t and one side is like HELL YEAH BOYCOTT THEM BITCHES but the other is like I work there and I need my damn paycheck..

I'll tell you though, ain't nobody boycotting because work was a muthafucka today. DAMN.
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 8:40am
As someone who works in HR and specifically benefits I can tell you all the companies are using Obamacare as an excuse to behave terribly. People are also raising their employees premiums when in fact there is no evidence Insurance companies are consistently raising premiums.  What we pay our insurance company actually went down. The private insurers are also doing their own exchanges for people who need to buy insurance and can't wont go through their jobs.
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Momeijheii Momeijheii wrote:

Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

Why are companies doing this because of Obamacare
It states that employees that work over 28 hours should be given insurance benefits. Since companies don't want to pay up, they're skirting the law by cutting their hours. People could go from 36-40 hours per week are getting cut to 24 all for the sake of big corps being cheapasses. 

Some people blame Obamacare for their reduction in hours, but it's their employers trying to dodge responsibility. Not cottdamn Obamacare.

Thank you!
Makes sense now.

Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

A lot of places are doing this so they wont have to pay health insurance for their employee's. They all stick around the 29.5 mark as well just under what is needed for them to provide health care.... its pretty sh*tty especially since these are already Min wage jobs. So there will be ppl out there having to work two PT jobs and still not get the health insurance that they need and still make less than 15,000 a year. They dont care.
So these big companies are nothing more then a modern day slave owners and the workers are just pick up cotton!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Man.. I'm so conflicted.

It's total bullsh*t and one side is like HELL YEAH BOYCOTT THEM BITCHES but the other is like I work there and I need my damn paycheck..

I'll tell you though, ain't nobody boycotting because work was a muthafucka today. DAMN.

I doubt this boycott will go through. Do you guys walk around in the mall and see how packed f21 is? talking about size xl on me is still size Micro.

Midna can yall atleast tidy the place up. In the mornings it looks like a zoo, in the afternoons it looks like a farm, and in the evenings it looks like a Hayell.Confused
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:17am
Thanks @Momei, I was confused too.

But I can't see F21 blaming Obamacare, according to the letter, these people were full time and already had insurance.  So Obamacare wouldn't be making them give ins to these people, they already have it.

I started buying off aliexpress a few months ago.  I think it's a great idea IF you're not in a time crunch to get your clothes...

I mean I can understand a boycott, but you do have to pick your battles.  Wal Mart pulled out of DC because they said minimum wage here is too high...TOO HIGH...do you know what the cost of living here is?!  Anywhoo, folks probably aren't going to boycott Wal-mart...

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Man.. I'm so conflicted.

I doubt this boycott will go through. Do you guys walk around in the mall and see how packed f21 is? talking about size xl on me is still size Micro.

Midna can yall atleast tidy the place up. In the mornings it looks like a zoo, in the afternoons it looks like a farm, and in the evenings it looks like a Hayell.Confused

It's hard to clean up when three secs later a customer comes right behind you and tears it up....it always made me mad when they WATCHED me refold the clothes but they mess it up anyway! Angry

Edited by BBpants - Aug 19 2013 at 11:21am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:44am
Then get mad if u offer to help them look for a size in a way that preverves your straightening up.  People are just raggedy and hateful.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 11:46am
Dayumed if u don't dayumed if you do....

ObamaCare Taxes on The Average American

Under the new ObamaCare taxes, the only tax that most Americans will pay is penalty for not purchasing insurance if one can afford it (explained below). However, taxes affecting employers and the health care industry may have an indirect impact on some individuals, specifically employees of large firms affected by the tax hikes. Since most of thetaxes haven't gone into effect yet, we don't have much to report beyond speculation as to their effects.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic