Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forever 21 Demoted Employees + Took Away Health Be
    Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:01pm

Forever 21 Demoted Employees and Took Away Health Benefits

batamotel:
MAKE IT VIRAL 

BOYCOTT FOREVER 21

Retail company Forever 21 sent this letter to all full time/non-management employees informing them that they will be demoted to part time, they and their families will lose their health and dental benefits, and they will no longer qualify for paid time off. Employees believe the company is punishing them to retaliate against Obamacare.

We were asked to share this by one of our fans, and now we are asking you to do the same. Don’t underestimate the power of your SHARE. Two weeks ago, US Uncut was the first place to widely publish McDonald’s now notorious budget, and it went viral across mainstream media. Thank you.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/forever-21-demoted-all-their-employees-took-away-their-health-benefits-558456/

Edited by bindy - Aug 18 2013 at 5:02pm
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:07pm
Damn that's messed up.

Shouldn't they have analyst who could have predicted they were operating beyond what they could afford? They are punishing their workers for them not handling their businesses.

The least they could have done was let them keep their benefits until the next enrollment period they would have had to renew.

I only buy their tanks and v- neck tees, so it won't be hard to cut them loose *shrug*

Bet ya the people at the top still eating good.

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Forever 21 Demoted Employees and Took Away Health Benefits

batamotel:
MAKE IT VIRAL 

BOYCOTT FOREVER 21

Retail company Forever 21 sent this letter to all full time/non-management employees informing them that they will be demoted to part time, they and their families will lose their health and dental benefits, and they will no longer qualify for paid time off. Employees believe the company is punishing them to retaliate against Obamacare.

We were asked to share this by one of our fans, and now we are asking you to do the same. Don’t underestimate the power of your SHARE. Two weeks ago, US Uncut was the first place to widely publish McDonald’s now notorious budget, and it went viral across mainstream media. Thank you.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/f50/forever-21-demoted-all-their-employees-took-away-their-health-benefits-558456/

I still don't understand any of the  Obamacare healthcare plan that so many folks are opposed of..
I work at a hospital can they do this also? 
wow this sucks big time for the employees who work there fulltime .but for those who work there PT as supplement to their other fulltime job I guess it doesn't matter? 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:12pm
oh well, i can't help them bc there are still things i need from f21 and as long as the prices don't go up i'll still go.  im doing too much boycotting elsewhere this year to deal with this.  
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:15pm
A lot of places are doing this so they wont have to pay health insurance for their employee's. They all stick around the 29.5 mark as well just under what is needed for them to provide health care.... its pretty sh*tty especially since these are already Min wage jobs. So there will be ppl out there having to work two PT jobs and still not get the health insurance that they need and still make less than 15,000 a year. They dont care.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

oh well, i can't help them bc there are still things i need from f21 and as long as the prices don't go up i'll still go.  im doing too much boycotting elsewhere this year to deal with this.  

Cold world...LOL  but I cant help but feel boycotting will only hurt the employees even more...the higher ups aren't gonna take a pay cut no matter what... 

I only fuks with forever21 for camis anyway...everything else is meh...
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Cold world...LOL  but I cant help but feel boycotting will only hurt the employees even more...the higher ups aren't gonna take a pay cut no matter what... 

I only fuks with forever21 for camis anyway...everything else is meh...

This is why they dont feel the urge to change...lol sad truth is most consumers only care about how it would affect their way of life not the ppl who actually work for the company. It will become "poor people problems".... but when the "poor people" make up the majority its no longer just their problem... but  these will be the same ppl who will have to get gov assistance just to get by and ppl will complain again. Its all *&%^$#@Eed up really......
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:35pm
Exactly.  If you don't boycott, nothing will change.  And they know that people won't boycott for that very reason.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:41pm
Fuk fuk fuk!
And min wage is already lower than low. Forever 21 is so effed up for that! I am truly
Outraged at the companies who do ish like this!! You're making millions annually, you really can't give your employees basic ass benefits? REALLY NOW? For God so loved the world or whatever it is you have printed on your bags? Really???
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:42pm
i can't boycott everywhere that's doing fcked up business practices.  sometimes you give enough of a damn and sometimes you don't...this is one of those times.  when i worked retail my employers did the same thing and obama wasn't even in office.  i know that obamacare will make it more widespread but i already did that with papa johns.  with all the recent boycotting in effect and my own personal ish going on, i just ain't got time to keep track of all of this.  they're not gettin anything but 20 bucks out of me every blue moon anyway, but i'm also not down to turn $20 to $30 somewhere else that's probably screwing over their employees as well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic