Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
SimplyElegant View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? for those who wear stocking/wig caps
    Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 8:46am
How do you get the cap to stay down in the back? Mine is always wiggling it's way up even when I use a small piece of tape or some adhesiveAngry Also do you have any problems with the line of the cap showing through the lace in the back?

TIA
Sponsored Links

choclatey77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:12am
I cut the sides by my ears that way it wont roll up the only problem is that when you cut the side it ends up like in the middle of your forehead so i  just pull it back over and attach it to adhesive. I think the reason why your line is showing is because you attach your unit to far under the cap i had that problem until i started attaching it right below the cap almost on top of it.
SoSeductive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:17am
I wear a black cap which hides a lot of imperfections and the edge of the cap can't be seen thru the lace.  It sounds like the wig cap may be too small.. Sexi uses a thigh high stocking because it stretches better so maybe try that.
techieGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:22am
Originally posted by SoSeductive SoSeductive wrote:

I wear a black cap which hides a lot of imperfections and the edge of the cap can't be seen thru the lace.  It sounds like the wig cap may be too small.. Sexi uses a thigh high stocking because it stretches better so maybe try that.

IA!
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:26am
Topic: How I keep my wig cap in place
venia

Replies: 10
Views: 244

View Post View%20Post
How I keep my wig cap in place
Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 3:05pm
This is what works for me... Make sure that your skin is cleaned and prepped with whatever scalp protector you use. I start by applying red liner tape around the perimeter of my head. Then I apply the wig cap on top of that not quite to the edge of the tape. Then I apply another layer of tape on top of the wig cap against the edge of the first layer of tape. It's a wig cap sandwich. Now I apply my adhesive to my skin as normal. Then apply the lace as usual. I really like this method... View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: wig cap fixes
Celie

Replies: 4
Views: 157

View Post View%20Post
wig cap fixes
Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 12:23am
While cruising through the BSS the other day, I saw this item which immediately I thought might help with my problems with wig caps which I am now anchoring down with self-grip adhesive.

It is the BT Lusury Unisex satin dome cap. The fabric is satin but it comes in a khaki color which I am thinking about dyeing IF it is a good alternative to the wig cap dilemma. Actually it is very close to the color wig cap that works for me. Or I could use the Sally Hansen spray on it. A problem area might be... View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: wig cap?
lo0ve

Replies: 5
Views: 126

View Post View%20Post
wig cap?
Posted: 24 Jun 2007 at 9:34pm
what exactly does the wig cap do? does it make the part in the hair look more natural? if so, why do some women get a black one O.o ?? another question, lol sorry. when the wig is applied, and there is a part in it, how come the part looks like actual scalp if your hair is right below the wig? thats weird. View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: WIG CAP
honeyb87

Replies: 3
Views: 137

View Post View%20Post
WIG CAP
Posted: 21 Jun 2007 at 6:22pm
I cant believe this. I can't find a nude or flesh colored wig cap ANYWHERE!! I went to all the beauty supply stores in my neighborhood, and they just happen to have verything BUT a nude wig cap! Is there a place online where I can buy one? View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Help! I am attempting to sew wig cap to unit
Ghetto Princess

Replies: 6
Views: 241

View Post View%20Post
Help! I am attempting to sew wig cap to unit
Posted: 11 Jun 2007 at 10:45am
Ok, I need your help ladies. I know I saw a post somewhere. Search didn't help. I was wondering does anyone sew a portion of the wig cap onto there unit. If so do you have any tips? Where should I begin? I mean what is the best way to sew it on. I just want it to look right and not be obvious. Please give me some pointer ladies. Thanks so much. View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Newbie with a solution for the sliding wig cap!
Rocachick

Replies: 11
Views: 252

View Post View%20Post
Newbie with a solution for the sliding wig cap!
Posted: 26 May 2007 at 8:44pm
Hello everyone! I'm a long time lurker but 1st time poster to this forum. I was just reading about how some of you have trouble keeping your wig caps in place, and I thought, finally I could contribute to th forum that has supplied me with my new obsession and priceless info. So here's my chance to give back... I appy my wig cap over my head and secure it with open ended bobby pins. (the ones that you use when you wear a weave ponytail)I kind of weave them into my wig cap and my hair,... View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Wig Cap Tip #409 - IT WORKED!!!
Bless

Replies: 45
Views: 1619

View Post View%20Post
Wig Cap Tip #409 - IT WORKED!!!
Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:22pm
Hello My Lovely Sweet Puddins'

So instead of using a headband as my wig cap, I purchased a white Do-Rag from the local BSS. I figured the flap of material in the center of the Do-Rag would better hold my hair flat to my head, and eliminate that 'puffy', helmet look. I would also be able to tie the Do-Rag as tightly or loosely as I chose.

My first instinct was to dye the Do-Rag brown with Rit Dye. Well, I didn't leave the Do-Rag in the dye long enough to dye , so what did... View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: wig cap vs. stocking cap
honeyb87

Replies: 4
Views: 127

View Post View%20Post
wig cap vs. stocking cap
Posted: 24 May 2007 at 12:04pm
currently, i have on a stocking cap, but it wont stay on my head!! It keeps riding up on my hair, and I dont have a wig cap. I dont want to buy one and then it ends up doing the same thing as the stocking cap. IYO, which is better? How do I keep them secure? View%20Post
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:32am
Yes i wear a queen size stocking cap also.
Lukki View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:36am
i wear a queen size knee high and i cut the band off, glue it down in front and sew it down in the back.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 10:57am
Thanks for the replies ladies.

The wig cap isn't too small, it fits loosely and is very comfortable. I hadn't had any problems with the cap showing through the lace yet b/c the cap always works it's way up my head by the time I apply. I was just wondering b/c sometimes I can see the line in the front but I just mask that w/make-up.
I think I am going to do what Lukki suggested and sew it down in the back, I already glue the front down.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 10:59am
And thanks AGG for those search results! The search hardly ever works for me so I didn't even try it before I posted my question LOL 
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 11:01am
Originally posted by SimplyElegant SimplyElegant wrote:

And thanks AGG for those search results! The search hardly ever works for me so I didn't even try it before I posted my question LOL 

No problem! I know some of our lovely ladies had already responded, but I thought I'd throw this in to get some more tips from past posts.Wink

When doing a search, it helps to select "find in topic subject", instead of "find in message body". That way, the search always works for me.Thumbs%20Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic