Perfect Hair Collection

For those of you in New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For those of you in New York
    Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:06pm
In your opinion do you think 2 adults and a young child could live comfortably in New York with an income of about $6000 a month? I knowi could get away with it in Florida... But New York though???
Sponsored Links

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:10pm
Its def possible if you don't try to live above your means. But stay way from Brooklyn and Manhattan. Stick to Queens (especially if you are already driving) or the BX...

Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:15pm
To be totally honest, budgeting will be a must. What part of NYC? People do it all the time but Im telling you living here is expensive as hell.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:18pm
comfortable is super subjective.. 

but id like to say yes. Thats like over 60k a year.. there are ppl who live there with less. 
a two bedroom apartment in a decent area would probably be around 1700-3000 

(6000-3000 = 3000) 

lets say 500 for utilities 
= 2500 

lets say food = 500
= 2000 

then yea.. 2000 left over for other things like cell bills, saving, whatever else you want etc.. 

i don't live there but i have an aunt who does and I wanna move there one day.. I'm always randomly looking up apartments. 
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:19pm
Don't know what part yet.I Would have to be near a college though....my husband and I are using our GI bills.

Do yall suggest a certain area? I may just take my azz back to Miami.

Edited by bebe88 - Nov 25 2013 at 7:19pm
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

To be totally honest, budgeting will be a must. What part of NYC? People do it all the time but Im telling you living here is expensive as hell.
Did you ever moved into that "affordable" apartment complex that we were discussingLOL
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:22pm
Ok Coco. You are giving me some hope.i would go to cali but I wouldn't be bringing in as much money.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:24pm
i try.. 

but lol wait for others to chime in  
its different imagining it and actually being there.. especially when you think about things like nails, hair, clothes, etc..  
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:26pm
^^^^Awwwww Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
I'm going to Miami lol

Ooooooooo and daycare.. my son will be 3 when I would actually be needing to move there.

Edited by bebe88 - Nov 25 2013 at 7:27pm
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:26pm
It depends on what part.
In Westchester County or Long Island you can live on that. The suburbs out here are a hidden gem that the city folk shy away from; even though you can get to the city quicker than most people in Brooklyn/Queens and have more space, some of the best school districts in the nation, and pay less for housing.

If you have to live in NYC Queens(Astoria and Long Island City) is the up and coming borough right now. You could also find some nice new developments in Harlem. As far as the Bronx there are nice places in the Riverdale, co-op city, and Pelham Parkway section.

Also anything below 110th street in Manhattan is definitely out of the question as well as the trendy parts of Brooklyn.

NY is expensive but once you find housing in your budget it really is not as bad as many people think. There are many people out here making it on less than 72k a year. Just know that if you want to purchase a home you will need to increase your income to six figures.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Nov 25 2013 at 7:53pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style