Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

For the record kariah salon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:49am
Originally posted by LushHair_Fein LushHair_Fein wrote:

Originally posted by teethatsall teethatsall wrote:

Originally posted by goldenapple goldenapple wrote:

Your installs look good!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliment ! Hope everyone has a new insight on my experience and maybe take into consideration that not everyone has a bad install with Kelly. I pay my money just like others and I try to keep up my hair the best as I can.

A Few harmless tips:
-Try not to wash your weave within the first month of the install.
-Do not use high volumizing shampoos when you do wash, and condition the hair
-Heat protectors are good when you want to keep the hair shiny and not dry and brittle.
-Ceramic/titanium irons etc are best to use when wearing straight and curling
-When you get an install tell the braider to braid medium size braids, and if you are leaving hair out make sure that you take care of it as well. I touched mine up every so often and kept it moisturized
-For those with thin hair try using a net or adding hair to the braids
-Different types of hair match the texture of yours so I found that Brazilian hair is typically for those with thicker hair, malaysian is for more finer hair and indian hair is for in between fine and thicker hair

Hope these tips help and feel free to ask and share as well! ThanksLOL

Cute install  Wink

But your tips scare me... Dead

Especially tip #1..
Sponsored Links

Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 1:21pm
The "hater" in me wants to act up but I'll stay in my seat.

LushHair_Fein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LushHair_Fein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:21pm
^^^
LOLCryLOL
choc_lover View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote choc_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:24pm
^^ lmao. Oh butta
teethatsall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teethatsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:11pm
At this point Im not entertaining negative comments I showed my installs and shared my experience if you disagree with my initial post thats fine I can't keep repeating how i apologize to those that took offense and that not everyone has the same experience. Enough is enough ladies geesh lol Opinions are like buttholes everyone has one....Happy Holidays to all !
choc_lover View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote choc_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:53am
^^ Lmao. I say this in the nicest way possible but you made your point and people have the right to theirs. You can't force your opinions on people OP. People will always disagree with you. So really

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote teethatsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

^^ Lmao. I say this in the nicest way possible but you made your point and people have the right to theirs. You can't force your opinions on people OP. People will always disagree with you. So really

Agreed and those that disagreed should know the same. Its my post and just like the people that had a bad experience and posted stated theirs I did the same. Im not on here to force my opinion just voice my opinion either way its a two way street. People take offense to the simplest less offensive things lol yet I'm made out to be the bad guy cuz I had a better experience. I hope that everyone has the best experience as possible with any install ! No harm no foul!
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Thanks for the compliment ! Hope everyone has a new insight on my experience and maybe take into consideration that not everyone has a bad install with Kelly. I pay my money just like others and I try to keep up my hair the best as I can.

A Few harmless tips:

-Heat protectors are good when you want to keep the hair shiny and not dry and brittle.

-When you get an install tell the braider to braid medium size braids, and if you are leaving hair out make sure that you take care of it as well. I touched mine up every so often and kept it moisturized

-Different types of hair match the texture of yours so I found that Brazilian hair is typically for those with thicker hair, malaysian is for more finer hair and indian hair is for in between fine and thicker hair

Cute install  Wink

Especially tip #1..

Tip # 1 scares me because if it's good quality hair it shouldn't matter if it's washed 100 times. Also, if it's a good install, it should withstand washing whether it's the first day it was installed or the twentieth. There are multiple threads on here that give great tips and info on taking care of a new install. Maybe you should read them OP.

Edited by Tanzi2001 - Dec 11 2012 at 12:32pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Tanzi2001 Tanzi2001 wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

A Few harmless tips:

Cute install  Wink

Especially tip #1..

Tip # 1 scares me because if it's good quality hair it shouldn't matter if it's washed 100 times. Also, if it's a good install, it should withstand washing whether it's the first day it was installed or the twentieth. There are multiple threads on here that give great tips and info on taking care of a new install. Maybe you should read them OP.

I typically wear malaysian hair and if it is not washed at least once a week, it will start to get greasy and tangle at the nape.  And with kinky curly you definitely need to wash more frequently.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teethatsall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:40pm
LOL i wasnt referring to your weave mainly .I was saying mainly to wait to wash because of the braids the weave is attached to. You don't want your braids to lift too quickly if you plan on keeping your hair in long. I know mainly because of experience in keeping my sew ins for over 3 months without any re-tightening. Didnt mean to scare you! LOLBig smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic