Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Topic Closed? for Dominican R. women about D.R men..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
lexi1ky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? for Dominican R. women about D.R men..
    Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:47pm
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but do Dominican Republican men usually date black women? And how are they in relationships? For example are they jealous, controlling , etc?
Sponsored Links

AClassAct View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 3:03pm
I'm black but my good Dominican friend told me that Dominican men (moreso in D.R.) are basically over the D.R. women. They expect the women to cater to them/wait on them, be very loyal to them, and to be virgins when they meet them Confused There is a big patriarchal issue.

My friends who have dated all types of Hispanic men said they are romantics/very passionate, but a bit obsessive/controlling and are cheaters.
lamexicana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 3:15pm
Stay clear of them. They date black women but mostly prefer white women.
Jade Feria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 10:14pm
I'm black and have dated a Dominican. They're cool, just a little possessive sometimes.
smc5127 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 1:02am
i agree about everything here
SimplyBlunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2009 at 1:44pm
Dominican men *sigh*

They are a HOT MESS!! There's no other way to put it. As far as them dating black women, yeah they do if they aren't color struck, and from what I see its usually lighter complexioned Dominican men rarely do you see dark skinned Dominican men w/ black women. (But they're the sexiest ones smfh) A lot of Dominican girls I know refuse to date Dominicans because of the concept of Hispanic men overall being too possessive and controlling, but that can happen with any man. Some may expect a female to be more traditional and docile, but all men like that trait in women I don't really see a difference in Dominican men.

Dominican men are sexy as hell, something about them just draws me to them (and people tease/bother me about it all the time) but idk just be cautious, as you would be with any man regardless of nationality.
ohioshorty06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 8:19am
Originally posted by SimplyBlunt SimplyBlunt wrote:

Dominican men *sigh*

They are a HOT MESS!! There's no other way to put it. As far as them dating black women, yeah they do if they aren't color struck, and from what I see its usually lighter complexioned Dominican men rarely do you see dark skinned Dominican men w/ black women. (But they're the sexiest ones smfh) A lot of Dominican girls I know refuse to date Dominicans because of the concept of Hispanic men overall being too possessive and controlling, but that can happen with any man. Some may expect a female to be more traditional and docile, but all men like that trait in women I don't really see a difference in Dominican men.

Dominican men are sexy as hell, something about them just draws me to them (and people tease/bother me about it all the time) but idk just be cautious, as you would be with any man regardless of nationality.
THIS right here is pretty much everything my Dominican friend told me...i still want a Dominican papi tho lol
SimplyBlunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2009 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by ohioshorty06 ohioshorty06 wrote:

Originally posted by SimplyBlunt SimplyBlunt wrote:

Dominican men *sigh*

THIS right here is pretty much everything my Dominican friend told me...i still want a Dominican papi tho lol

I can say the same! Sometimes men of other races treat women of different races/nationalities different than they do women of their own kind so I guess that's what I'm hoping for.
Deelight View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 7:53am
I want a Dominican or Puerto Rican man.  
ohioshorty06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Deelight Deelight wrote:

I want a Dominican or Puerto Rican man.
same here, and cuban too cuz im determined to have Pitbull's hijos lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair