Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 43>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:56pm
This is kinda random but....kinda on topic as well

Would black ppl have found god  without the influence of white ppl? Like when addressing race relations and religion is that something some black ppl are thankful for? I guess this would need to be addressed by some here who have a distaste for whites and only put up with them when they have to yet are also Christians.
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:59pm
black people in various parts of the world had their own belief systems

their own version of a deity or deities

but not the way christians put it
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Too many inconsistencies, too many contradictions, the facts on the creation, incorrect interpretations, and edits of the bible...too much of religion is based on propaganda...whatever social agenda was relevant at that time.

But I believe in God...I believe there's something bigger than we are I just don't know that Christianity has it right. Tbh, im more curious about why so many black people are unwavering in their Christianity and not agnostic or athiest. I think there's one God and nO matter what we believe we are all praying to the same one.

I believe that God exist but I am not into organized religion. I do not believe that you have to go to Church to be a good person. I think the Bible has to many inconsistency and I do not believe in the Bible in the literal sense but more in metaphorical sense. The Bible is meant to teach people a lesson on how to live your life. I think I have always thought this way but it took befriending an Atheist to really have the confidence to say it out aloud and not be ashamed of my belief and convictions. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

This I know...there are many commonalities in all the religions. But that religion  wasnt one that blacks had prior to being brought here.... yet many cling to it... so it makes my curious as to how they look upon that issue.

I know believers get annoyed by non-believers continuous questions and  say things along the lines  of " for someone who doesnt  believe u sure do want to know a lot" but as a person looking in from outside u do try to understand the mindset of those within it. At least for me... The same goes for women and their roles in many of the religions and how its addressed.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:10pm
*Sips heathen tea*

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:27pm

Tokyo, you are entitled to your opinion

But I would also like for you to define spirituality

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Concept of god or a deity. 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

This I know...there are many commonalities in all the religions. But that religion  wasnt one that blacks had prior to being brought here.... yet many cling to it... so it makes my curious as to how they look upon that issue.

I know believers get annoyed by non-believers continuous questions and  say things along the lines  of " for someone who doesnt  believe u sure do want to know a lot" but as a person looking in from outside u do try to understand the mindset of those within it. At least for me... The same goes for women and their roles in many of the religions and how its addressed.

no! not at all plz stop generalizing, I love questions and if i don't know the answer to them I will say I don't knowLOL.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Concept of god or a deity. 

Your definition, or the actual definition?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:45pm
Most of the events in the Bible take place in Africa and the middle east region Confused

There were Black Christians before the slave trade

Of course most who are Christian and Catholic today are because of the TAST but many Blacks are muslim because of the Arabic slave trade as well

btw.. we all have the Holy Spirit within us but I won't get into that right now

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

This is kinda random but....kinda on topic as well

Would black ppl have found god  without the influence of white ppl? Like when addressing race relations and religion is that something some black ppl are thankful for? I guess this would need to be addressed by some here who have a distaste for whites and only put up with them when they have to yet are also Christians.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 43>
  Share Topic