Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 43>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

You state ur questions as if the events are fact. For me personal its hard for me to even begin answering it because I see neither as being real. I do however find it interesting that many believers state that God is all powerful and all knowing but then also say  hes not more powerful than a persons free will. When bad things happen the devil did it but god is more powerful.  When ppl do bad things its that persons free will or them allowing satan to whisper in their ear yet god is more powerful. When things fail it is never at the foot of Gods doing however its all his plan.

He asked me why is Satan more powerful than God.

How else can I answer without using biblical references??

Satan being more powerful than God is based on the fact that the majority of the world, as judged by Christians, aren't followers of "the one and only God."

Christians say all of those people that aren't Christian are going to Hell. So therefore, all of them are workers of iniquity, also known as followers of Satan.

Why does Satan have more pull and influence than God? How is Satan able to tempt the entire world, at the exact same time? He seems just as omnipresent and omnipotent as God. In fact, he's even strong enough to throw God's most respected leaders off their bandwagon, with simple temptations.

To bring this back around to my original point (or your original analogy about cars). I think people question Christianity because Christians themselves are failing at their own 'walk with God'. It's like 'why would I put my faith in this when so many other people are failing.' I was comparing that with people that might question a car if so many of the drivers are crashing and dying, even though this car is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I'll stop with the analogies now though. Me having to explain it proves it wasn't a very good analogy on my part.LOL

Edited by Random Thoughts - Mar 02 2013 at 3:19pm
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

This is the last thing I wanna say before I retire because I don't wanna turn this thread into a big debate.

My mother instilled faith in me from birth. Kept me involved in Church, and prayed over me every night.

However,

From that, I developed my own faith. I took what she gave me and evolved it into my own.Heart

If she were to go out today and kill 20 people why should I lose faith in God?

She chose to go and commit that act, God didn't make her go kill, so I wouldn't question Him.

I would question her as a person.

Now if I had never developed my own faith from what she taught me, then of course I would lose the faith I did had.

You can't be dependent on others to keep you close to God. Heart

They could change whenever the wind decides to blow again.

Then what?

Heart

good thread though. good read.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by bg bg wrote:

i will never forget the day i stopped attending church...i actually got up and walked out of the service

it was around the time that heath ledger died

the pastor said the reason he died is because he played a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain...i was done

mentally i had already checked out but that was the moment where i was like what the hell??

Organized religion is such a turn off to me...
LOL but how can u love anybody if u don't love god?

LOL that was ridiculous when I heard it.  I was just like smh.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

To strip the analogy away, people question if this religion is so good, God is so real, his servants so connected with him, then why are they always failing? Why is Satan stronger than God?
Satan is not stronger than The Most High, people are just spiritually weak and for the most part, spiritually dead. The Most High and Christ are of the spirit while Satan is carnal and of the flesh. If you read the book of Job, you'll find out who Satan gets his orders from...

A lot of people who praise God and give HIM all the glory do not follow his ways; they are just giving him lip service. That is why they are constantly being inflicted; all talk and no action.

If your parents tell you to not smoke crack or you will be destroyed and you refuse to listen but still say nice things about your parents and praise them any chance you get, that doesn't negate the fact that you're abusing crack and slowly destroying yourself. You are still being carnal by doing what you are not supposed to do and using your "unconditional love" for your parents to cover the fact that you are being wicked.

Now some may get simple and say "Well why don't God stop people from doing what they are supposed to do"? The Most High is very cut and dry. He ain't got time to be holding hands of wicked, unrepenting niccas. Most importantly HE is a balanced power that is all about righteous judgement. What's righteous to HIM may not be righteous to fleshly, carnal mortals though.

But that is just my two cents. Now if folks want to scoff, mock and still believe what they want, help yourselves...

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:04pm
righteous judgement?

mighty strong words, for a blasė omnipresence
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

righteous judgement?

mighty strong words, for a blasė omnipresence
Ok HamLOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:11pm
lol
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:13pm
LOL @ "God aint got time to be holding the hands of your wicked unrepenting azs nicca"

Edited by OoDles O - Mar 02 2013 at 5:13pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:43pm

Quote My mother instilled faith in me from birth. Kept me involved in Church, and prayed over me every night.

This sounds like religious indoctrination to me.  When you were a baby, you had no understanding who god was.  Had you been born in India, your mother would have instilled a belief in the Hindu religion.  If you were born in Malaysia, she would have kept you involved in the mosque.  If you were born in Japan, she would have whispered nothing more than how much she loved you every night.  Spirituality doesn't seem to be all that "spiritual".  It seems more cultural than anything else.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

To strip the analogy away, people question if this religion is so good, God is so real, his servants so connected with him, then why are they always failing? Why is Satan stronger than God?
Satan is not stronger than The Most High, people are just spiritually weak and for the most part, spiritually dead. The Most High and Christ are of the spirit while Satan is carnal and of the flesh. If you read the book of Job, you'll find out who Satan gets his orders from...

A lot of people who praise God and give HIM all the glory do not follow his ways; they are just giving him lip service. That is why they are constantly being inflicted; all talk and no action.

If your parents tell you to not smoke crack or you will be destroyed and you refuse to listen but still say nice things about your parents and praise them any chance you get, that doesn't negate the fact that you're abusing crack and slowly destroying yourself. You are still being carnal by doing what you are not supposed to do and using your "unconditional love" for your parents to cover the fact that you are being wicked.

Now some may get simple and say "Well why don't God stop people from doing what they are supposed to do"? The Most High is very cut and dry. He ain't got time to be holding hands of wicked, unrepenting niccas. Most importantly HE is a balanced power that is all about righteous judgement. What's righteous to HIM may not be righteous to fleshly, carnal mortals though.

But that is just my two cents. Now if folks want to scoff, mock and still believe what they want, help yourselves...

After admitting to punching a mentally ill person in another thread, I hope you are willing to count yourself among this group.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 43>