Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 43>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 10 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 120412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:


^^^^^ and that's another good point.

What I don't understand is why someone would let another human being's actions deter their own faith?

I don't care who's doing what, it's not gonna affect my walk with God.

God is still God regardless of what people choose to do behind closed
doors.

God cannot force people to obey him, we are all given free will to do what we choose.

I can understand wanting to stop attending Churches, or doing other religious things.

But to stop following God because of someone else's actions....



If you are looking for a new car and find one you like, but you come across an article about someone that had a fatal accident in that same car due to drunk driving....

Will you lose all interest in the car?
Or realize the accident was caused by a mistake made by the driver and had nothing to do with the car itself.



I think another analogy would be if a woman has been cheated on repeatedly by people, she loses faith in the institution of marriage or the concept of commitment/love. Something she can't see, but has to believe in.

But back to your analogy, if the people seemed to be dying all of the time in that car even though it was marketed as the safest car ever, I think it would be natural to question "well why are these people always dying in this car. It's safety features are no better than any other car."


Edited by Random Thoughts - Mar 02 2013 at 1:20pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Online
Points: 98241
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:



Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:


^^^^^ and that's another good point.

What I don't understand is why someone would let another human being's actions deter their own faith?

I don't care who's doing what, it's not gonna affect my walk with God.

God is still God regardless of what people choose to do behind closed
doors.

God cannot force people to obey him, we are all given free will to do what we choose.

I can understand wanting to stop attending Churches, or doing other religious things.

But to stop following God because of someone else's actions....



If you are looking for a new car and find one you like, but you come across an article about someone that had a fatal accident in that same car due to drunk driving....

Will you lose all interest in the car?
Or realize the accident was caused by a mistake made by the driver and had nothing to do with the car itself.



I think another analogy would be if a woman has been cheated on repeatedly by people, she loses faith in the institution of marriage or the concept of commitment/love. Something she can't see, but has to believe in.

But back to your analogy, if the people seemed to be dying all of the time in that car even though it was marketed as the safest car ever, I think it would be natural to question "well why are these people always dying in this car. It's safety features are no better than any other car."



The first analogy is good, but the thing about that specific one is people will quickly correct you for grouping all men together saying they are all bad just because you've ran across some that have done you wrong.

The second analogy I can't see at all....

Is God supposed to stop people from choosing to do wrong?

Where's free will?

Or what exactly are you saying?
I might have twisted what you were trying to say.



Edited by ModelessDiva - Mar 02 2013 at 1:45pm
Back to Top
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 10 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 120412
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:47pm
To strip the analogy away, people question if this religion is so good, God is so real, his servants so connected with him, then why are they always failing? Why is Satan stronger than God?
Back to Top
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2005
Location: Chiba, Japan
Status: Offline
Points: 125796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

To strip the analogy away, people question if this religion is so good, God is so real, his servants so connected with him, then why are they always failing? Why is Satan stronger than God?


Because Satan bakes a mean cookie.
Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Online
Points: 98241
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

To strip the analogy away, people question if this religion is so good, God is so real, his servants so connected with him, then why are they always failing? Why is Satan stronger than God?



First do you really believe Satan is stronger than God?

If he's stronger than God, why is God, God and Satan just Satan?

Why isn't Satan God?

Why didn't Satan have an original kingdom like Gods kingdom as he equal?

Why was Satan originally just a minor angel IN God's kingdom?

How could God kick Satan out of his kingdom if Satan's more powerful? Why didn't Satan kick God out?

Why are we not ALL dead and gone if Satan is more powerful?






Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Online
Points: 98241
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:


Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:


Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:


^^^^^ and that's another good point.

What I don't understand is why someone would let another human being's actions deter their own faith?



 

Their faith in God wasn't that strong to begin with.

 

 

 


Despite their faith in God, they learned about that faith from another human. Nobody is born a god-fearing Christian. They learn that from somebody else, usually family. Any other aspect of life, we look up to other people as examples. Religion is no different. If a person, such as a pastor, lets u down, you gonna question the things they have said and taught u.



Dunno how ppl seem to forget that......



This is the last thing I wanna say before I retire because I don't wanna turn this thread into a big debate.


My mother instilled faith in me from birth. Kept me involved in Church, and prayed over me every night.

However,

From that, I developed my own faith. I took what she gave me and evolved it into my own.

If she were to go out today and kill 20 people why should I lose faith in God?

She chose to go and commit that act, God didn't make her go kill, so I wouldn't question Him.

I would question her as a person.

Now if I had never developed my own faith from what she taught me, then of course I would lose the faith I did had.

You can't be dependent on others to keep you close to God.

They could change whenever the wind decides to blow again.

Then what?

Back to Top
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 12 2008
Location: CrackaIsland
Status: Offline
Points: 373480
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:50pm
You state ur questions as if the events are fact. For me personal its hard for me to even begin answering it because I see neither as being real. I do however find it interesting that many believers state that God is all powerful and all knowing but then also say  hes not more powerful than a persons free will. When bad things happen the devil did it but god is more powerful.  When ppl do bad things its that persons free will or them allowing satan to whisper in their ear yet god is more powerful. When things fail it is never at the foot of Gods doing however its all his plan.
Back to Top
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 16 2012
Location: Somewhere
Status: Offline
Points: 70840
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:


Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:


Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:


^^^^^ and that's another good point.

What I don't understand is why someone would let another human being's actions deter their own faith?



 

Their faith in God wasn't that strong to begin with.

 

 

 


Despite their faith in God, they learned about that faith from another human. Nobody is born a god-fearing Christian. They learn that from somebody else, usually family. Any other aspect of life, we look up to other people as examples. Religion is no different. If a person, such as a pastor, lets u down, you gonna question the things they have said and taught u.



Dunno how ppl seem to forget that......



This is the last thing I wanna say before I retire because I don't wanna turn this thread into a big debate.


My mother instilled faith in me from birth. Kept me involved in Church, and prayed over me every night.

However,

From that, I developed my own faith. I took what she gave me and evolved it into my own.

If she were to go out today and kill 20 people why should I lose faith in God?

She chose to go and commit that act, God didn't make her go kill, so I wouldn't question Him.

I would question her as a person.

Now if I had never developed my own faith from what she taught me, then of course I would lose the faith I did had.

You can't be dependent on others to keep you close to God.

They could change whenever the wind decides to blow again.

Then what?

 
Clap
Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Online
Points: 98241
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:58pm



As bad as this world is going I would much rather live here than in a world where Satan is the original God.

Back to Top
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 31 2010
Location: <3 <3
Status: Online
Points: 98241
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

You state ur questions as if the events are fact. For me personal its hard for me to even begin answering it because I see neither as being real. I do however find it interesting that many believers state that God is all powerful and all knowing but then also say  hes not more powerful than a persons free will. When bad things happen the devil did it but god is more powerful.  When ppl do bad things its that persons free will or them allowing satan to whisper in their ear yet god is more powerful. When things fail it is never at the foot of Gods doing however its all his plan.


He asked me why is Satan more powerful than God.

How else can I answer without using biblical references??

Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 43>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down