Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 43>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Heaven?  Hell?  I'm too busy worrying about the stuff I have on my plate right now. 

Hypothetically speaking, though, if there were a deity as one described in the bible,
1. why would said deity even have a "hell" if it supposedly loves everyone?
2. with all of the sanctioned killing and destruction that went on at the instruction of this deity, I am not entirely sure this 'heaven,' would be a 'heaven.'
3. according to the bible, even in heaven, you have to mind your ps and qs, so really.  What's the point?

ShockedPoor Christians.  A lifetime of trying not to make mistakes turning into an eternity of the same.  This is too much damn stress!

*sings* I'm in love with Mary Jane, I'm not the only one......

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 01 2013 at 6:50pm
Sponsored Links

freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:03pm
Foxx...you are killing me.....*sings* Mary, Maaary
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

ShockedPoor Christians.  A lifetime of trying not to make mistakes turning into an eternity of the same.  This is too much damn stress!

*sings* I'm in love with Mary Jane, I'm not the only one......

I'm sorry idk why but the bolded made me laugh so hard with tears coming out my eyes

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 7:23pm
LOL.  Model I would be like "Look here, I'm tired.  Let me go sit over here and catch my breath first."  Coming at me with all these rules.  Ima need a minute people.  
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:32am
I grew up going to church and participating in the choir until I was in middle school and one day we had a major exam and when I asked my close friend if she studied she replied, "no, I just prayed to god!" I remember thinking what a fool and my respect and admiration for god dwindled that very second, it was kinda scary because i was thinking, "wow, that Brotha aint shyt," but i had no idea why i was thinking that. so i started studying things for myself and never turned back. i had moments where i was one foot in, one foot out, but by my freshman year in college, i was done.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 11:46am
I'm still a believer in God and Jesus, but a friend of mine was catholic and was taught that if you masturbate, you go to hell. Period.

So he ended up masturbating as a child and was scared that he was destined to an eternity in hell. Once he was a teen he got a job as a hotel clerk. A highly known and respected priest in the DR checked into the hotel.

When my friend was checking him out, he saw all the charges for PICS on the ppriest's bill. He decided then that all religion is a lie and he is now an atheist.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:24pm

^^^^^ and that's another good point.

What I don't understand is why someone would let another human being's actions deter their own faith?

I don't care who's doing what, it's not gonna affect my walk with God.

God is still God regardless of what people choose to do behind closed
doors.

God cannot force people to obey him, we are all given free will to do what we choose.

I can understand wanting to stop attending Churches, or doing other religious things.

But to stop following God because of someone else's actions....

If you are looking for a new car and find one you like, but you come across an article about someone that had a fatal accident in that same car due to drunk driving....

Will you lose all interest in the car?
Or realize the accident was caused by a mistake made by the driver and had nothing to do with the car itself.

Edited by ModelessDiva - Mar 02 2013 at 12:34pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

What I don't understand is why someone would let another human being's actions deter their own faith?

doors.

God cannot force people to obey him, we are all given free will to do what we choose.

I can understand wanting to stop attending Churches, or doing other religious things.

If you are looking for a new car and find one you like, but you come across an article about someone that had a fatal accident in that same car due to drunk driving....

Or realize the accident was caused by a mistake made by the driver and had nothing to do with the car itself.

Their faith in God wasn't that strong to begin with.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

doors.

that's a really dumb way to explain that imo. if men are made in the image of God and are able to act in a certain way...then...

anyway i already know the believer retort/reasoning so no need to reply back and turn this into a debateEmbarrassed

Edited by EPITOME - Mar 02 2013 at 12:59pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Despite their faith in God, they learned about that faith from another human. Nobody is born a god-fearing Christian. They learn that from somebody else, usually family. Any other aspect of life, we look up to other people as examples. Religion is no different. If a person, such as a pastor, lets u down, you gonna question the things they have said and taught u.

Dunno how ppl seem to forget that......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 43>