Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 43>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 8:43am
Angry / Bitter more accurately describes those who feel let down by God and therefore actually accept the concept of deities after all.   For me personally I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the topic of religion but sometimes the religious make me a little madEmbarrassed

My experience was a lot like Tokyo's except the part about being in Japan LOL.

I guess we would both also say that there was a LOT of reading.  Reading the entire bible from cover to cover is the surest way to lose your religion.  And don't do it more than once because the 2nd time through is when you actually do get angryConfused.  You just feel lied to.   As a adult you see the actions of both the deity and the people for what they are.  You also start to hear the voices of those religious zealots and politicians who were the actual writers trying to shape the minds of the world.  Then you discover all of the redactions and start to wonder "what were they trying to hide / add to the story?"

If you move your questions and reading to outside of the bible to history and also study other religions the whole thing just starts to unravel before your eyes.  Logically, emotionally, morally, ethically, etc., etc.  

I used to think they were clever but now I'm thinking more that people were just struggling and not very well educated thereby allowing those politicians to take advantage of them.   Not that they couldn't read / interpret for themselves but uneducated because only a very few were even allowed to have a copy of the bible.  Until the priesthood and the king had a proper system in place to "interpret" to important parts reading the bible was dangerous without the aid of clergy. So much like exactly what's going on today.   The majority would post a comment under the bible that says tl/drLOL 

One thing I wish religious people understood it that it is also saddening to find out something you believed in so strong you can now only consider a fairy tale.  I tried so hard in the denial phase to hold on to some of the faith I knew for so many years but it eventually became just silly.  Once I got over that I had to work on my entire world view.  

I really want to add a quote that sums up my views today but as a former Christian I know it sounds too harsh.  I'll just say I feel sorry for the character called "God" because for as much as "he" gets credit for things humans do, "he" gets blame for just as much.  Kind of unfair but since I don't believe in deities I think he'll be okay.  

Sponsored Links

Finesseful View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Finesseful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 8:56am
I believe in God & love him, but I wonder about people who know nothing at all about him at no fault of their own. Like if you live in the forest in some 3rd world country with no t.v. or newspapers or never interacted with anybody outside of your culture to tell you about him, what will happen to their souls? Will they go to hell simply because they haven't been exposed to it? It's little stuff like that I think about alot.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

I believe in God & love him, but I wonder about people who know nothing at all about him at no fault of their own. Like if you live in the forest in some 3rd world country with no t.v. or newspapers or never interacted with anybody outside of your culture to tell you about him, what will happen to their souls? Will they go to hell simply because they haven't been exposed to it? It's little stuff like that I think about alot.
see, this is one of the reasons why it can't be real to meConfused 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:06am
I believe their is a God but, that's where it stops for me. I don't go to church or read the bible. I just treat people they way I want to be treated.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:07am
Originally posted by loveandpeace1984 loveandpeace1984 wrote:

When Bret Hart lost to Shawn Michaels in 1996 wrestlemania

I remember marking out as a kid when that happened.

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

The Bible tells you what happens to them. Since u believe and love God so much, pick up the Good Book and read his word more often to find out these answers.

You're doing what turns so many people away. Blaming them.

Why don't you give the answers and scripture?
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:11am
Great thread guys. No arguing really. Hmmmm....I have been an atheist for quite a long time. As a child growing up in a very religious family, I really didn't think about whether there was a god or not. It was a given. As I grew older and started meeting different people from different religions, I realized that there was a choice. It was there that I realized I never, ever felt some connection with a god. I never had these experiences others claim to have had. It wasn't until I met other atheists in college that I finally accepted that I really just didn't believe. 
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

id love to read this thread but my apatheism is kicking in big time
I hate you for this. I laughed and coughed at the same time and made the worst of sounds…

Too clever though.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:17am
It's always our fault for not getting to know God & realize how much he loves us it's the same judgemental holier than thou behavior that turns people away.
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 9:21am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I'll just say I feel sorry for the character called "God" because for as much as "he" gets credit for things humans do, "he" gets blame for just as much.  Kind of unfair but since I don't believe in deities I think he'll be okay.  

Pretty much! Great post from you and Tokyo. See reading the Bible doesn't give me this feeling of awe. It reminds me of reading the great Greek mythologies. I also feel that humans are always looking for a raison d'être. Religion gives us this purpose.
Sometimes I question whether the term "atheist" is really what I am. It is much easier to claim that term because I don't really care. I will say this, if there is a "thing" outside of ourselves, it is much bigger than we can imagine. And since I feel this way, I also do not give this thing human attributes. Religions tend to do this. I guess it is "all in his image" thing. Gods are always like super-humans...which sounds ridiculous to me.  I also have an issue with this sexist "father figure" religions tend to be entrenched in. I am going off on a tangent...LOL

Edited by freedom76 - Mar 01 2013 at 9:21am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 43>