Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:00am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Not to generalize, but it seems a lot of atheists are angry with God, which doesn't make sense to me because you can't be angry at something that doesn't exist. I think a lot of people don't understand how God works which is why they lose faith when they feel their life isn't going the way they feel they deserve. 

I am trying to learn more about God.

please read this in the most noncombattive tone possible. Big smile
you can be angry at being offered the false idea of something.
you can also be angry at wanting to believe and not being able to for assorted reasons
and tbh "understanding how god works" to me is just accepting circular self-serving and preserving logic.
Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:03am
I went to a Christian school when I was younger, and they abused us there (physical/verbal/emotional violence...I don't even want to know how many kids they may have driven to kill themselves later on in life, or have put into therapy at least...they really messed with our minds).  They then lied to our parents about bruises and scars.  It didn't help that we were based underneath a church, and we were being taught that if you lie (especially in church) God would strike you down...yet they were still walking amongst the living after lying to our parents about blood on our clothing.
My mother was also physically/verbally/emotionally abusive towards me growing up, and would then go to church and raise the church hand with her eyes closed like the holy ghost was flowing through her...then return home to beat me for reasons still unknown.

I had other relatives who were the same--beating cousins damn near to death, and then pretending to be good little Christians or Catholics the next Sunday.

Also, the craziest fanatics I know with bloodlust in their eyes are all highly religious.  In contrast, the most generous/kindest/loyal people I know are either Agnostic or Atheist.  Could be coincidence, but I don't think so.

I'm Agnostic, 100%, but I do believe in God.  I have my reasons for believing in his existance, but I wholeheartedly respect those who choose not to believe in him; I know how easy it is to see one horrible thing after another after another happening around you, and feel there just can't be a God, because why would he allow that to happen to his "children"?

Edited by CLCNY20 - Mar 01 2013 at 2:11am
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:10am
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Not to generalize, but it seems a lot of atheists are angry with God, which doesn't make sense to me because you can't be angry at something that doesn't exist. I think a lot of people don't understand how God works which is why they lose faith when they feel their life isn't going the way they feel they deserve. 

I am trying to learn more about God.

please read this in the most noncombattive tone possible. Big smile
you can be angry at being offered the false idea of something.
you can also be angry at wanting to believe and not being able to for assorted reasons
and tbh "understanding how god works" to me is just accepting circular self-serving and preserving logic.

The only thing I can really say is to study it for yourself if you have the interest because there are a lot of blatantly non-biblical things that are being taught in churches and there are a lot of people claiming to represent him who do not in actuality. You can't go by what you hear because a lot of people who claim to love God don't know anything about him or don't really believe. If you study it and you don't agree or believe then that's one thing but don't let someone else's behavior or logic turn you off if you haven't studied for yourself.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:14am
I agree you cant be angry at something you dont believe exist. I personally hold ppl accountable for their actions. Good or bad...not "god" or the "devil"..One of the biggest misconceptions about many A/As is that there must of been some traumatic that lead them there. It is true for some but not many. Usually those who do turned to A/A go back to some spiritual calling (at least in my experience). Me opting out of religion had nothing to do with not being given the life I felt I deserved because my life was/is fine.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:24am
I wasn't trying to imply that atheists had more problems or anything like that but I have seen some comments in here that alluded to life to not being fair in general and that being a part their reasoning for not believing in a higher power. The thing is that churches do lie and a lot of people preach things that simply aren't in the Bible for their own gain or because they simply don't know so I think most people have a warped view of who God claims to be. 

I'm not professing to know everything or anything. I take Bible class and that helps but there are still some things that even deeply religious and knowledgeable people disagree on and I can't really form a solid belief until I study for myself.
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 2:34am
I was never feeling the Christian and/or Biblical interpretation of anything really, and I felt it even less the more I went to church and read the bible. All of the "bad experiences" I've had in church didnt help me form an opposing opinion, but rather help solidify the one I had already formed. 

I do believe in a God, though. So I guess I'm like Neka in the "agnostic theist" boat. 

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Mar 01 2013 at 2:35am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:01am
id love to read this thread but my apatheism is kicking in big time
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

lmao
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 3:53am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I just had to look this up. I think this is an accurate description of many/most Americans.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 4:27am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 43>
  Share Topic