Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:40pm
repost
Sponsored Links

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:33pm
The Cosmological Aquinas's Argument or the Ontological…or A priori knowledge etc...
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

The Cosmological Aquinas's Argument or the Ontological…or A priori knowledge etc...

those are arguments for the existence of god... how did they contribute to your disbelief?

katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:44pm
good thread
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

those are arguments for the existence of god... how did they contribute to your disbelief?

This is true....
I do not disbelieve--- I do not know...

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 11:57pm
If you argue that, everything confirms God’s existence then evidence does not support the conclusion. You would have to close your eyes to evil in the world. I will end this here and Now...

K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:13am
What Random Thoughts said about alienation from family. 

I never believed in God; never "felt" him as the others said they did.  I got baptized because I thought it would please my mom.  I tried to believe and I tried to feel something but I walked away empty every time.  I grew tired of watching preachers not exemplify what they preached, tired of the hypocrisy.  I also could not shake the fact that the bible was man written and couldn't believe it wasn't altered in some form. 

I realized the bible was something my whole family believed in, but I didn't.  My family assumes I believe, just like many black people assume we all are by default.  I don't tell them otherwise.  Besides, I really don't think we're that different aside from the religious aspect.  I do believe humans were created but I don't believe it is as deep as people think.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 12:51am
I didn't have any bad experiences with the church when I was practicing.  I think when I lived in Japan, I started to meet other people who didn't believe the same thing I did.  I realized I was living in an atheist society that didn't need religion to help them decide what was right or wrong.  Good and bad things happened to them, whether they prayed or not.  So then I began to question everything I believed to be true about my religion.  I sat down and I read the bible again, from cover to cover and I was shocked by the things the church never mentioned about what was in there.  I began to wonder, of the 2,000+ gods that have been worshiped by humankind, why was I praying to this one?  And then I realized how this religion was that of the people who enslaved my ancestors and it was only used as a vice to keep slaves subservient.  I was frustrated when I read the bible and saw many things that were scientifically impossible and not only were those I asked not giving me the answers I needed, they were making it up as they were trying to explain.  When I became an (agnostic) Atheist, it was the first time in my life I felt okay about not knowing the answers and not only being okay with that, but I didn't have to wait on a deity who MIGHT or MIGHT NOT ever tell me.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 1:35am
Not to generalize, but it seems a lot of atheists are angry with God, which doesn't make sense to me because you can't be angry at something that doesn't exist. I think a lot of people don't understand how God works which is why they lose faith when they feel their life isn't going the way they feel they deserve. 

I am trying to learn more about God.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 1:45am
No disrespect to any of my fellow constituents here

but honestly...

I'm Just to damn old to be believing that there's some sort of Ethereal ass ny99a just chilling in another realm answering prayers , granting wishes, directly or indirectly.... its just silly

Anyways at the barber shop today.. this dude found out that he's getting 1400 back on his taxes right... Before that a bird swooped in and shyt on him.... TRUE STORY.

This Ny99a is like.... " I KNEW IT... THE BIRD SHYTTING ON ME IS A SIGN "

I just laugh... cause its funny to me ... not in an elitist way .. but just funny how people come up with ANY ol reason to try and make sense of this world.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 43>
  Share Topic