Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:47pm
I forgot to ask what exactly is an agnostic theist??

Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

What led you to agnosticism, or if you were born following no specific religion what is the reason you never choose to?

I just don't believe in Jesus' existence, let alone divinity. Ironic? Christmas is my favorite holiday. While I don't believe in Jesus, I find the music/lyrics made in his honor or love of him amazing. Also, how people care more for each other. It's what I wish all year round. I find it magical.

I'm not just talking about Christianity, I mean religion period.

If you don't believe in God at all, what is the reason? For me, it's faith. I never stopped believeing. Although, my belief =\= proof. As an Agnostic Theist, I accept that. You may want to amend the title to include atheists for more answers here.

Bad experience, feelings of isolation, or just plain dislike of organized religion ?

I will not be debating with anyone btw. So share whatever you feel. I'd like to hear the different POVs this time without debating. I wish you luck here. To BHM, to listen is to automatically agree and there's always a definite right and wrong answer. There is no grey/gray.

Sponsored Links

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I couldn't get into it. I tried to pray and believe but I felt it was a waste of time.

This, and bad things still continued to happen to me, so I just said fukk it.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:09pm

Neka I was going to also put atheist in the title...idk why I didn't...

I'll go back and change it thanks.
I'm so, so late. You're welcome.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:13pm

I forgot to ask what exactly is an agnostic theist??
In its most simple terms I believe in a deity (theism) but I don't have certain proof that said deity exists (agnosticism).

Eta: because I can't c/p just the pic--

http://www.atheistrev.com/2011/09/atheist-or-agnostic-i-both.html?m=1

Edited by nekamarie83 - Feb 28 2013 at 9:28pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:24pm
Isn't religion a man made institution??
Christ didn't have a specific religion so I often wonder where all these religions got their origins?
I don't believe in religion because I can't place my trust in man. 
I like the teachings of Christ however most religions are not all based on being Christ like.

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Too many inconsistencies, too many contradictions, the facts on the creation, incorrect interpretations, and edits of the bible...too much of religion is based on propaganda...whatever social agenda was relevant at that time.

But I believe in God...I believe there's something bigger than we are I just don't know that Christianity has it right. Tbh, im more curious about why so many black people are unwavering in their Christianity and not agnostic or athiest. I think there's one God and nO matter what we believe we are all praying to the same one.
pretty much this. I am always eager to learn about different religions and such. I married a (not practicing atm) Jehovah's Witness and attend services every now and then with his family and its not bad, going to a Christian church this Sunday and learning more about Islam cuz one of my brothers is seriously thinking about converting after much studying. I'm always open to learning about other religions, I just don't know what to believe myself.

Edited by Lonisha87 - Feb 28 2013 at 9:35pm
dazed& View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote dazed& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:05pm
Because I just don't see why we have to believe in something that there is no evidence of. Why can't we just be... In regards to christianity, I just see the Bible as a book that has taken over billions of people. and I just can't get with the inconsistencies.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:14pm
god is too big to be encompassed in one religion
and i find that churches are often like there is ONE way and that is what we are preaching
but in the bible god used unbelievers to achieve his work as well.

I equate religion to this quote about the human brain

If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it. Emerson Pugh.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:27pm
Watching a Documentary on the documentary channel about The history of African Americans in the Mormon church. It's crazy interesting. You guys should check it out.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 10:38pm
Like most it started with basic questions that I would ask my mom that she didnt have answers to.  She told me that she had the same questions growing up and her mom would tell her to read the bible. I did and came away with more questions. Stayed with my grams (my moms mother) and started asking her since she was going to church 7 days a week i just knew she would have the answers.....But her response wasAngry and she made me transcribe the bible ...Cry I was fairly young at that time. She told me by asking questions i wasnt giving him a chance to enter my heart  blah blah....

So for years I tried I felt nothing I got baptized  because i thought maybe that would help... but if im being 100% honest I just wanted to get in that pool.Ouch My dads side of the fam isnt religious and because of the pressure put on my mom she refuse to raise us the same way. When i hit my early teens I told my mom why i didnt want to go to church and my reasons. After that i begin to read  up on various religions but nothing really drew me in but wicca came close. When I discovered Agnostics it just seemed right for me. If for some reason I decided to enter the realm of wonder I would be come a UU.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 43>
  Share Topic