Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedFor all the Believer turned Agnostics and Athiests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 2.52  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:23pm
I couldn't get into it. I tried to pray and believe but I felt it was a waste of time.
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't have a reason for not believing in God.
Nothing bad has ever happened to me.
I just simply don't and religion was never a part of my life really....I enjoy learning about it though.

I thought u were a an atheist?

Her questions asked about not believing in God at all.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I couldn't get into it. I tried to pray and believe but I felt it was a waste of time.

hmmm interesting....
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:29pm
Too many inconsistencies, too many contradictions, the facts on the creation, incorrect interpretations, and edits of the bible...too much of religion is based on propaganda...whatever social agenda was relevant at that time.

But I believe in God...I believe there's something bigger than we are I just don't know that Christianity has it right. Tbh, im more curious about why so many black people are unwavering in their Christianity and not agnostic or athiest. I think there's one God and nO matter what we believe we are all praying to the same one.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Feb 28 2013 at 8:30pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:34pm

Interesting answers so far guys thank you

esp maysay and Beebeex(sp?) answers

Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Too many inconsistencies, too many contradictions, the facts on the creation, incorrect interpretations, and edits of the bible...too much of religion is based on propaganda...whatever social agenda was relevant at that time.

But I believe in God...I believe there's something bigger than we are I just don't know that Christianity has it right. Tbh, im more curious about why so many black people are unwavering in their Christianity and not agnostic or athiest. I think there's one God and nO matter what we believe we are all praying to the same one.

also interesting thanks!

eta: I think the majority might feel this way. I've heard a lot of people express these same thoughts..

Edited by ModelessDiva - Feb 28 2013 at 8:41pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:37pm
Good topic . Please forgive me if I say God bless to anyone in the topic on occasion . I only recall a few members that are Athiest from previous topics . I will never say I am Praying for you in a malice way , knowing your choice . I see a few people already that I have prayed for in the past During a difficult time without any knowledge of your faith in God or lack of . HTMS . Smile
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:38pm

I feel this way about Christianity and organized religion myself.  I also don't understand why/how so many black people are Christians simply b/c it was a religion that was used in colonialism. Lately I struggle with the is there a God thing.  I think it has a lot to do with the things I'm going through, me continually praying and asking for help and not getting it I guess how I thought I would.  However, at the end of the day I feel like something greater than us had to make all of this.  I don't buy the big bang theory really not for creation of the first anything.  I feel like something superior had to make the first thing period for any of it to be in existence. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:41pm

I think its because black americans were stripped of so much identity during the slave trade, they had to turn to something that they could have as their own. Religion can encompass so much. Literacy. Fashion. Music. Family tradition. Food. Economics. And above all else, comfort. I think the black church is something rich and strong that black americans have to be proud of. It's been passed down from generation to generation, and elders of the family cherish it so much, that I think many feel risk of being cut off from family and their own culture if they question it.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I think its because black americans were stripped of so much identity during the slave trade, they had to turn to something that they could have as their own. Religion can encompass so much. Literacy. Fashion. Music. Family tradition. Food. Economics. And above all else, comfort. I think the black church is something rich and strong that black americans have to be proud of. It's been passed down from generation to generation, and elders of the family cherish it so much, that I think many feel risk of being cut off from family and their own culture if they question it.

I think that sums up the reason...it's expected...but that's not really faith or Christianity...that must be why ppl have so many bad experiences with baptist churches. People there are not being honest with themselves.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 43>
  Share Topic