Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:17pm
maysay I don't like the little planes that land on the water, my stomach is in my chest the whole time 
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:17pm

can't do that 15 hour flight

give me the caribbean
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I remember the gov't cheese lines too TC. That was way back in the day. That cheese weighed like 20lbs and  was good as hell though. I remember the plain white cans and boxes of usda foods with the black letters. They had powdered eggs, cannned pork, beans and some other things I can't remember. 
Yes . Everyone would meet at the local Fire department lol . My father would get so angry at mom for getting in the line lol . I refuse to try Spam or Can Ham with jelly water . Thank God we had options . I think mom went because everyone love the cheese . LOL

Yes, and that food was actually available because of a  'governmet surplus' that existed at the time (the way that farmers were subsidized changed, etc and it caused a surplus of certain foods so it was a one time shot for a few years where across the country, everyone could get the 'free' food (I put free in quotes b/c it wasnt a hand out, it was already paid for by gvmt dollars) so it was something that everyone could take advantage of and benefit from without any regulations on your income level.
Right . I can't imagine how long the lines would be today .

Not at all related to the goverment food surplus, but there are very generous food pantry programs out right now that are subsized by the federal gvmt (thanks to President Obama) and state gvmts where you can get 1-day old food (day old from trader joes, wholefood, etc including organic chicken, brisket, steak, organic fruit & vegetable and more) and all you have to do is show your license/state id to confirm.

In New Jersey, there are food pantry programs at nearly every church/mosque in every city, so we do a good job of reducing hunger. Since there are churchs with pantries in most neighborhoods that are easily accessible with huge banners out front announcing the pantry days & hours, the lines are not usually especially long and the lines move fast.

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

True story, I didn't have fresh ham until I was a teenager. I thought spam was the ham everyone was talking about.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:20pm
The flights to bora bora were nothing nice...it's just too long. I've been twice and I refuse to go back. I don't like flying over water but at least for Hawaii and I can sleep the whole way since it's only 5 hours.

And I do not do sea planes anymore Ricky. Last year I went on one in Alaska. Never again. I'd much rather look at pictures than land on anybody's water. Had to take a valium to calm down when I got back to land. Though, the fresh crab did help.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:21pm

aww these stories remind me of the dad

he didn't eat pasta until he was in his 20s

he didn't eat a lot stuff until he joined the army lol
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Don't say that to a hawaiian.

The real, original spam is good. Not all that other stuff they have to do with weird preservatives and crap in it.

Spam omelet...man.

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I like spam.....I have not had it in years

I also like scrapple though

I havent eaten spam nor scrapple in decades but I agree that it makes one helluva omelet!Approve
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Not at all related to the goverment food surplus, but there are very generous food pantry programs out right now that are subsized by the federal gvmt (thanks to President Obama) and state gvmts where you can get 1-day old food (day old from trader joes, wholefood, etc including organic chicken, brisket, steak, organic fruit & vegetable and more) and all you have to do is show your license/state id to confirm.

yeah i think jewels and aldis also does that here as well...
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

aww these stories remind me of the dad

he didn't eat pasta until he was in his 20s

he didn't eat a lot stuff until he joined the army lol

If he is from the south, that is not uncommon. I have heard people in that age group say that when they were kids, their friends would come back to the south after spending the summer up north and would brag about pasta and they all couldnt wait to try itLOL
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:24pm
We never had orange juice in my house...I thought it was tv people or rich people. We only had Tampico. Man I loved me some Tampico.

To this day I am so angry they changed up their formula to include sucralose (splenda). Though I guess it's good because I could drink a gallon of that myself in like 2 days.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
  Share Topic