Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I remember the gov't cheese lines too TC. That was way back in the day. That cheese weighed like 20lbs and  was good as hell though. I remember the plain white cans and boxes of usda foods with the black letters. They had powdered eggs, cannned pork, beans and some other things I can't remember. 
Yes . Everyone would meet at the local Fire department lol . My father would get so angry at mom for getting in the line lol . I refuse to try Spam or Can Ham with jelly water . Thank God we had options . I think mom went because everyone love the cheese . LOL
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

my ex co worker would be against this

she didn't think people getting assistance should buy cupcakes and the the like with their aid

come to find out this bish didn't eat her first ho ho until she was 17

no joke

she was mad her family grew up poor and they couldn't afford cupcakes and ish and felt if she went without so should others

but she would try and act like it was a health issue yet never mentioned community gardens and food education programs

also talked about walking 2 miles to whole foods with bags of food and said if she can do it everyone else can too

I have seen this so many times. A lot of people with these conservative views used to be poor themselves and despise anything related to being poor. Reminds me of house speaker John Boehner. He grew up poor and he loathes poor people. He refuses to pass an emergency unemployment extension bill because he believes that unemployed people are lazy and don't deserve gov't handouts.

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

. My father would get so angry at mom for getting in the line lol . I refuse to try Spam or Can Ham with jelly water . Thank God we had options . I think mom went because everyone love the cheese . LOL

lmaooooooooooo.  that cheese was EVERYTHING.  lol that your mom defied dad, lined up and got some!!!!!!!!LOL
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:46pm

she had an issue with people that were long term unemployed too....meanwhile it was taking her over a year to find a new job while she was working
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:47pm

I remember the gov't cheese lines too TC. That was way back in the day. That cheese weighed like 20lbs and  was good as hell though. I remember the plain white cans and boxes of usda foods with the black letters. They had powdered eggs, cannned pork, beans and some other things I can't remember. 
Yes . Everyone would meet at the local Fire department lol . My father would get so angry at mom for getting in the line lol . I refuse to try Spam or Can Ham with jelly water . Thank God we had options . I think mom went because everyone love the cheese . LOL

Yes, and that food was actually available because of a  'governmet surplus' that existed at the time (the way that farmers were subsidized changed, etc and it caused a surplus of certain foods so it was a one time shot for a few years where across the country, everyone could get the 'free' food (I put free in quotes b/c it wasnt a hand out, it was already paid for by gvmt dollars) so it was something that everyone could take advantage of and benefit from without any regulations on your income level.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

If a person is so disabled that they can't leave their house, carry groceries, or warm up food in a microwave...and they also have no caretaker to do it for them..then we've seriously failed them as a society if the only option to feed them is to allow them to order pizza from domino's and chinese food.
First . I am so proud of you .Heart I recall your post in past topics lol . Maysay meals on wheels taste awful . Many seniors sit in mcdonalds all day drinking coffee until the dinner dollar menu . Something is wrong when you get old and need to choose meds or food . I try to help . Cry
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Yes, and that food was actually available because of a  'governmet surplus' that existed at the time (the way that farmers were subsidized changed, etc and it caused a surplus of certain foods so it was a one time shot for a few years where across the country, everyone could get the 'free' food (I put free in quotes b/c it wasnt a hand out, it was already paid for by gvmt dollars) so it was something that everyone could take advantage of and benefit from without any regulations on your income level.
Right . I can't imagine how long the lines would be today .
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:51pm
yep the food was a result of the surplus that was already paid for thru govt subsidies....
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:57pm
India, spam is a delicacy.

You need to go to Hawaii and have it hooked up for you. It is GOOD.

Now I want some.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:58pm
Dead
I cannot get down with the spam. What the hell is it??
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
  Share Topic