Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:51pm
i'm all for local vertical indoor farming making a surge... 
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I think that idea would be almost impossible to work maysay. People have so many different types of diets. Its easier to let people go to the grocery store and buy their own food that they prefer to eat. Who wants to be forced to stand in a food line everyday?

i actually remember the gov't cheese/butter ect lines...
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:54pm
Off topic: In some hood corner stores you can buy beer with food stamps. I think they just scan a food item but not sure. When I was young my aunt gave me some food stamps(back when it was bills) and I went and got her some beer.

This is strictly for financial gain of the company and not the well being of those who have ebt.

Eta: back home they have a Farmer's market right outside of the WIC office and WIC provides you additional checks for the market. This is in the 'burbs, I'm not sure if they had the same thing in the inner-city.

Edited by AshBash89 - Jun 16 2014 at 12:58pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I think that idea would be almost impossible to work maysay. People have so many different types of diets. Its easier to let people go to the grocery store and buy their own food that they prefer to eat. Who wants to be forced to stand in a food line everyday?

When people are hungry, they will stand in line. Where I used to work I would pass by a church that gave free food twice a week. Folks started lining up at 5am and the line would be around the block...old people with walkers, middle aged people, moms with little kids. Nobody wants to do it, but that's the reality.

And schoolkids have lots of different diets and allergies...guess what, if they want free lunch, they get what is given by the program and they're just fine.

Like I said, I am more concerned with hungry people being fed. If that means they have to stand in a line or only get rice and beans and broccoli, then so be it.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:55pm
I c u Jack in the Box.

Jack in the Box workers getting paid minimum wage and low hours, many on food assistance, now they can use that aid to put more money right back into the companies pockets.

Surprised more restaurants aren't lobbying for this.Stern Smile

I like the farmer's market idea too TC.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

basically the study said that the benefits helped the lower income families eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy and drank fewer sugary beverages

so the program was doing what it was supposed to

sorry, this may not be relevant to this thread at all lol
it does. They should focus on making them available at most farmers markets

Clap  but most of the locally organically grown veggies/fruits are more expensive of course...

not so much when in season.

The other side of that con is that people eat too damned much
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:57pm

okay so we asked about fast food in the study (he even mentioned cali) but he didn't remember the results....I'll keep digging

.........we asked how often and how much did they spend on fast food

only found information for the control group, less than 10% reported eating one of their daily meals away from home at a fast food restaurant

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jun 16 2014 at 1:11pm
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:02pm
I get your point maysay.  But from what I most families receiving fs are working poor. They have jobs. They just need some help. So standing in a line every single day just doesn't seem reasonable. And having the government dictate what they have to eat instead of giving them the option of purchasing their own food just seems kind of degrading to me.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

basically the study said that the benefits helped the lower income families eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy and drank fewer sugary beverages

Clap  but most of the locally organically grown veggies/fruits are more expensive of course...

not so much when in season.

The other side of that con is that people eat too damned much

really???  the organically grown (pesticide free) stuff at farmers markets i go to are way more expensive that the crap i can get at jewels...

aldi's actually has some decent prices for locally organically grown veggies tho...in season, of course...

and i agree people do eat too much...lmaoooo 

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 16 2014 at 1:05pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 1:03pm

You can use EBT at all of the vendors that are registered to accept EBT here. You can use EBT at the organic grocery stores here too.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>