Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Food Stamps for fast food ? Agree or disagree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

would you be ok with them accepting ebt at healthy fast food places?

I would be. I am more for cooking healthy foods but if for some reason you can't and need to get already prepared foods I would rather places like chipotle, and this other place that I can't remember but they serve whole foods and lots of veggies. But I don't thinnk there are many "healthy" fast food places around.
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

It's about individual food choices.
Do these fast food eateries still offer $1 menus??

There are working poor who are only eating one meal or less a day so if they can eat for $2, it's better than hunger.

why yes.  yes they do.  even mcdonalds has a cheap/quick/healthly salad.  i mean, just as "healthy" as the heavily pesticide sprayed genetically altered veggies in the grocery market... Sleepy
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:43pm
First priority, feed as many hungry people possible. Second priority, feed them as healthfully as possible.

I think that SNAP should be modeled after the WIC program. We have an idea of what is "healthy", real whole foods should be the focus of the program. It doesn't matter whether you get the food from a convenience store, kroger/safeway, or Whole Foods.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

basically the study said that the benefits helped the lower income families eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dairy and drank fewer sugary beverages

so the program was doing what it was supposed to

sorry, this may not be relevant to this thread at all lol
it does. They should focus on making them available at most farmers markets

Clap  but most of the locally organically grown veggies/fruits are more expensive of course...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jun 16 2014 at 12:44pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I think food should be free! food people need to live should be free, if people want french fries then they should pay

I agree.

And we already have a mechanism for it. We feed school kids free breakfast and lunch. May as well send a few thousand extra meals and have any adults who need food assistance show up to pick up their breakfast and lunch in the morning. Obviously logistics would have to be worked out, but I think it could be one of the alternatives, certainly would encourage more parental involvement in school.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:49pm
I think that idea would be almost impossible to work maysay. People have so many different types of diets. Its easier to let people go to the grocery store and buy their own food that they prefer to eat. Who wants to be forced to stand in a food line everyday?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:50pm

oh lordt.  the anti communist free market nut jobs are gonna get you!  lol

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:51pm
i'm all for local vertical indoor farming making a surge... 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I think that idea would be almost impossible to work maysay. People have so many different types of diets. Its easier to let people go to the grocery store and buy their own food that they prefer to eat. Who wants to be forced to stand in a food line everyday?

i actually remember the gov't cheese/butter ect lines...
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:54pm
Off topic: In some hood corner stores you can buy beer with food stamps. I think they just scan a food item but not sure. When I was young my aunt gave me some food stamps(back when it was bills) and I went and got her some beer.

This is strictly for financial gain of the company and not the well being of those who have ebt.

Eta: back home they have a Farmer's market right outside of the WIC office and WIC provides you additional checks for the market. This is in the 'burbs, I'm not sure if they had the same thing in the inner-city.

Edited by AshBash89 - Jun 16 2014 at 12:58pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>